Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Silent Choice Solenoids?  swap them??? >

Silent Choice Solenoids? swap them???

Notices

Silent Choice Solenoids? swap them???

Old 03-01-2011, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silent Choice Solenoids? swap them???

Ok I have a 1999 Baja 252, with a 454mag, and it's got the factory silent choice. It works great, BUT I was told some boats have solenoids that are OPEN in the normal position, and when you hit the switch it closes them and some boats are like mine where the normal position is quite, and when I flip the switch, it opens them.

so can I swap them out? is so what's the different part numbers.

I 98% of the time run them open, and every time I start the boat or turn the key for something those solenoids are flipping the exhaust open. would be a lot better if the switch was always off and it was loud, and the ONCE in a blue moon I need it quite I could give them power.

Last edited by mittens; 03-01-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is only are only 2 ways to do this 1 remove the baffle plate, flip the control arm to the other side, cut the solenoid bracket off the diverter and weld it on the other side then remount and good to go. 2 buy the other type.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Registered

SO whats the part number for the other type, or anyone want to swap? ha. i could tot he other but worth a shot
Old 03-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Registered

Just talked to Corsa, and they say the solenoids are the same its phisically reversed on the pipes. so looks like i can buy the whole backwards diverters, or I can just flip mine like i wan them