Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Who to have re-powdercoat a swim platform?? >

Who to have re-powdercoat a swim platform??

Notices

Who to have re-powdercoat a swim platform??

Old 03-13-2011, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who to have re-powdercoat a swim platform??

I had planned on getting the swim platform re-powdered black while working on my 24Super. I'm kinda having a hard time finding anyone that wants to mess with it.. guess its a big pia to remove the old stuff.

Anyone know of anyplace that deals with this type of thing regularly? Preferably around the oh/mi area, so I can drop it off without messing with shipping.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Registered

I've heard that aircraft stripper might remove it? I hope so, that way I could do it at home.

The other method that was mentioned was using a rosebud tip to burn it then blast it off? Seems like it'd be easy to warp it with that method.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

http://www.exoticcoatings.com/index2.html about 40 min north of toledo
Old 03-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good call Twin-Spins. Beverly Rd. between Middlebelt and Merriman. City of Romulus. About 2 minutes north of Metro Airport. They can certainly handle items as large as a swimplatform. Professional results. Huge color selection. They do fades too. Ask for Fred.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Registered

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I called up Extreme Marine, since they are the ones that made it, and asked about it. They're in Twinsburg, OH and also run a fab shop/powdercoating business: http://ohiopowdercoat.com/

I'm going to take it to them when I get a free day during the week. Also, sounded like they're reasonably priced.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 11 Posts

I got a buddy that does powder coating and right now I am waiting on him to get his bigger oven built so he can do my platform. I had him do my new dash panels and platform brackets in white with a additive that glows at night. Its pretty cool to see when it gets dark. I don't know if you've seen this but it only cost $20 extra for the additive and its something different to have.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Registered

Interesting, does it only work on white??
Old 03-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ndaniels
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I called up Extreme Marine, since they are the ones that made it, and asked about it. They're in Twinsburg, OH and also run a fab shop/powdercoating business: http://ohiopowdercoat.com/

I'm going to take it to them when I get a free day during the week. Also, sounded like they're reasonably priced.
What did they quote you to re-do it? I have one that needs done.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Registered

I think it was $200 for the powder .. its been a long weekend and I didn't write it down, so forgive me if I'm wrong. Blasting is 150-200 most likely- varies with time into it. They sub out the blasting work and charge what he gets charged.

Last edited by ndaniels; 03-20-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:28 PM
Registered

Jeez for $200 that's worth it to me. I've got about 90% of it stripped so it shouldn't be to bad to finish stripping it. For less than $400-ish that works.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.