Old 03-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Raised x

What does it mean I hear guys talking about it
Old 03-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If i remember correctly you really mean Y dimension. Its the height of the drive relative to the hull. Correct me if im wrong but higher Y, more speed.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:59 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

Originally Posted by Aquinosteven
If i remember correctly you really mean Y dimension. Its the height of the drive relative to the hull. Correct me if im wrong but higher Y, more speed.
its actually called x dimension,, and yes its a raised drive and center of the crankshaft position which will increase the speed of the boat..
Old 03-17-2011, 11:02 PM
Registered

I knew i was wrong. Kinda weird if ya think about it. When your looking at a graph the x dimension is always left to right. Oh well.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Registered

I knew i was wrong. Kinda weird if ya think about it. When your looking at a graph the x dimension is always left to right. Oh well.
Hey this is boatworld. Looking for logic???

Nah, it's all good. If you don't ask, you don't get an answer
Old 03-18-2011, 05:56 AM
Registered
VIP Member

If you think up about it. Up and down is the Z axis.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

My understanding is the the X dimension is the CRANKSHAFT centerline to the bottom of the hull. The PROPSHAFT centerline to the bottom of the hull can be changed additionally with some brands of offset extension boxes and shorty drives.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Registered

Here is your traditional 3 coordinate plane.

if your looking at the hull from the starboard side then Y would be the drive height, X is nothing, and Z is the distance from the transom.

But i have a feeling drive placement is measured from a transom view, not from the side. So in that case you would only use 2 coordinate planes which is only X and Y. But Y has always been the vertical measurement. What way are designers measuring the hull that X is the vertical measurement

This doesnt help because all of that is wrong.

I dont know, im thinking out loud here. Any other ideas? haha

Last edited by Aquinosteven; 03-18-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Good information so far, technically if you raise the x you are raising the engine and transom assembly. Raising the engine and drive height will get you more speed, to a point. If you go to high you will not be able to get your boat on plane and you will have the prop blow out all the time. You can also raise the prop depth by using a shortie drive. Last year I raised my engine up 3" and gained about 4 MPH.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:56 AM
Registered

So is the X dimension measured at the prop shaft or the engine crank shaft? I remember reading the review for the Donzi 22 Shelby and they said that the larger hatch allowed the engine to be placed at a higher X dimension.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.