Pulleys for 454 mags? >

Pulleys for 454 mags?

Notices

Pulleys for 454 mags?

Old 03-20-2011, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulleys for 454 mags?

I'm geting my engines rebuilt and want to get new pulleys for the crankcase, water pump, and alternator. Would like aluminum. Have seen a lot of sets advertise in automotive and ebay as "2/3 short pump big block". I know to get the short pump pulleys, but is the "2/3" that simple when they are describing the number of grooves on the pulleys? my water pump pulley has 3 grooves, but only 2 are used. Is the diameter of the pulleys a standard size on an automotive 454 crank and water pump pump vs a mercruiser 454? Anyone know where to buy cheap sets?
Old 03-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Registered

What no friends to help? Anybody steer me in the right direction?
Old 03-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Take a look at CPperformance, Eddie Marine, Dennis Moore has a page on ebay. Those are just a few, you can try the automotive pulley's if you like, but good luck with your pulley allinment.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:12 PM
Registered

yep jeff, the alignment with the automotive pulleys is my concern. CP did have a lot of marine pulleys to pick from. The ones on ebay and other automotive sites are half or more than the marine pulleys. If I can't get the specs or the measurements on all the automotive ones, looks like I'm going to have to buck up and buy the marine ones.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pitts1313
yep jeff, the alignment with the automotive pulleys is my concern. CP did have a lot of marine pulleys to pick from. The ones on ebay and other automotive sites are half or more than the marine pulleys. If I can't get the specs or the measurements on all the automotive ones, looks like I'm going to have to buck up and buy the marine ones.
Dennis Moore is a expert, he has a page on ebay, not like the junk stuff out there. The marine specific products are going to work better, Cp and Eddie have good products.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:11 PM
Registered

Thanks Jeff, just ordered the pulleys from Dennis. I had already order some other stuff from him. Didn't check to see if he had the pulleys.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:31 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Dennis Moore or Cpperformance. automotive pulley never work correct.

Originally Posted by jeffswav
Take a look at CPperformance, Eddie Marine, Dennis Moore has a page on ebay. Those are just a few, you can try the automotive pulley's if you like, but good luck with your pulley allinment.