Notices

Roccard Engines

Old 03-22-2011, 07:57 AM
Goumada P5-38
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Roccard Engines

Just curious if anyone has had any dealings with roccard Engines ? I relied to a post Mike had back in January on some camshafts . I spoke with Mike , agreed on a price and sent him money back Jan/Feb . I spoke with him 2 x since and was told it was shipping . My last 4 calls to him have not been returned .

Does anyone know if he is still in business ?

Thanks
Old 03-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ping Nordic35

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 03-22-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Pennsylvania
www.Roccardmarineengines.com
Old 03-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Ping Nordic35
Things that make you go HHHHMMMM...
Old 03-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Rocktard emerged here a few years ago claiming to build the finest racing engines, claimed to make 700 plus hp out of a 9.5-1 N/A 454 with run of the mill EDELBROCK heads that had "secret recipe" hand porting and claimed it would idle all day long. This was followed up by a couple of threads with motors with OUTRAGEOUS inflated dyno claims with correction factors that exceeded 20%. He proceeded to build a few engines for fellow OSO'ERS that DID NOT live up to his claims , the few instances I saw and heard about the boats actually went SLOWER and in the case of one member whos user name was NORDIC something or other MR self proclaimed engine expert actually put several sets of lifters in the motors BACKWARDS proving his incompetence and damaging the camshafts. A public battle ensued on this board then the possibility of CRIMINAL fraud charges came up as it was also discovered that parts were RE-USED in the mentioned victims motor that he had been billed and charged for NEW. From what I remember some kind of partial refund was given to avoid a nasty court battle then everthing got real quiet and MR rocktard sorta dissapeared off this board, I figured he was a greeter at Walmart by now, If you get your money back you will be lucky and if you do actually get the cams from him have them checked by a reputable shop to see what they are and if they will actually work from what we have all seen of this guy in the past, Smitty
Old 04-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
Rocktard emerged here a few years ago claiming to build the finest racing engines, claimed to make 700 plus hp out of a 9.5-1 N/A 454 with run of the mill EDELBROCK heads that had "secret recipe" hand porting and claimed it would idle all day long. This was followed up by a couple of threads with motors with OUTRAGEOUS inflated dyno claims with correction factors that exceeded 20%. He proceeded to build a few engines for fellow OSO'ERS that DID NOT live up to his claims , the few instances I saw and heard about the boats actually went SLOWER and in the case of one member whos user name was NORDIC something or other MR self proclaimed engine expert actually put several sets of lifters in the motors BACKWARDS proving his incompetence and damaging the camshafts. A public battle ensued on this board then the possibility of CRIMINAL fraud charges came up as it was also discovered that parts were RE-USED in the mentioned victims motor that he had been billed and charged for NEW. From what I remember some kind of partial refund was given to avoid a nasty court battle then everthing got real quiet and MR rocktard sorta dissapeared off this board, I figured he was a greeter at Walmart by now, If you get your money back you will be lucky and if you do actually get the cams from him have them checked by a reputable shop to see what they are and if they will actually work from what we have all seen of this guy in the past, Smitty
Dont remember all the details but sounds accurate ....there was a big stink ....m

Last edited by offthefront; 04-02-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:22 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmemoli
Just curious if anyone has had any dealings with roccard Engines ? I relied to a post Mike had back in January on some camshafts . I spoke with Mike , agreed on a price and sent him money back Jan/Feb . I spoke with him 2 x since and was told it was shipping . My last 4 calls to him have not been returned .

Thanks
he is still in buisness .i personally spoke with him on thursday made a deal on a 35 ft loadrite trailer and picked it up on fri night .he was still in the shop working @ 9. o clock . also very happy w the deal .no prob here
Old 04-03-2011, 07:14 AM
Goumada P5-38
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, Mike emailed me and apologized for the 3 month delay .
He old me 2 weeks back that the cam was coming but havent seen anything yet . Just emailed him again asking for the cam or the money , lets see what happens . I am betting he will send the money .
Old 04-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roccards

Originally Posted by Jmemoli

Thanks
i spoke with them via email early last week he give me his contact information if im correct its still in my private message sector i could look i guess he seemed like a good fellow is there something to know about the guy. i had been seeking some advice on engine from him, and inquired about some parts. is that not a good thing to do at this point shew i know i cant afford taking another hit.

thaks let me know
Old 04-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He came to the Swmap Run last year and rode with Custom29Scarab, seemed like a nice guy but don't really know him. I think Bill "Custom29Scarab" has contact info for him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.