Eickert Tail Extention >

Eickert Tail Extention

Notices

Eickert Tail Extention

Old 03-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Eickert Tail Extention

I need to have my current Eickert bravo tails extended so they are dry to the tip. Does anyone have any suggestions on someone that can do this on the west coast of Michigan? I could mail them to someone but I would rather take the boat to the welder so it fits right the first time.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavour32
I need to have my current Eickert bravo tails extended so they are dry to the tip. Does anyone have any suggestions on someone that can do this on the west coast of Michigan? I could mail them to someone but I would rather take the boat to the welder so it fits right the first time.
I made aluminum inserts for my KE tails that do what you want without any welding. They slide into the tip and seat into the inner tube of the tailpipes. They lock to the end of the tip with 1/4-20 screws and are flush with the end of the tips. Works great.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:32 PM
Registered

That sounds interesting.... I might try that!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blue thunder
I made aluminum inserts for my KE tails that do what you want without any welding. They slide into the tip and seat into the inner tube of the tailpipes. They lock to the end of the tip with 1/4-20 screws and are flush with the end of the tips. Works great.
Do you have any pictures of these inserts? Sounds interesting.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:14 AM
Registered

You're in luck. I have them out now and just about ready to reinstall them. I'll take pics tonight although I am not sure if I can post pics so you may need to give me an email addy.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Registered

I can post them on the site. [email protected]
Old 04-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Registered

Pictures send E32. They are made out of aluminum. The one end is turned down to size to lightely fit into the inner pipe on the KE tails. I put silicone on this turned down section so water doesn't leak at the seam. You can't see it well unless you zoom way in but the pic showing the insert installed shows the bolts at the end of the tip that hold it in place.

BT
Old 04-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Registered

Here are the Pictures.
Thanks Blue Thunder
Attached Thumbnails Eickert Tail Extention-pict0251.jpg   Eickert Tail Extention-pict0252.jpg   Eickert Tail Extention-pict0253.jpg  

Eickert Tail Extention-pict0254.jpg  
Old 04-01-2012, 08:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by blue thunder
How did you attach the bolts to the aluminum tubing? Drill and tap the tubing, with a double nut on the inside?
Nice work btw!

I want to do this too, only problem I have is that my tails are offset to the side a bit from the transom tips. I am afraid the rubber water jacket will touch the inner pipe and melt at the bend...
Old 04-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Registered

Yes, the tubing has threads in it. If your tips are offset from your tails I'm not sure you could ever get the inserts to slide into the tailpipe inner tube. It needs to be a pretty straight shot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.