Notices

Full closed cooling system.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full closed cooling system.

Hi Guys.

I realy hope you can help me!!!

I have just bough a new engine for my 29 Scarab. The engine is a 550cid with Dart alu heads and F.A.S.T fuel injection, made on a Merlin lll block and it puts out about 600hp.

I want a full closed fresh water colling kit on, but no of the shelf kit is made for that amount of horsepower i am told.
What kit shall i buy and where can i get it? and what is made for that amount of horsepower.

Hope you can help me, cause no one in Denmark can.

Regards.
Jens henrik
Old 03-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Registered

Hi

but we sell insurance for engines like that..)

Europe-wide....

But that was not the question.....

For that: Donīt laugh but i have a friend that runs a rebuild scarab. He has a 502 in it, well done. And he has (no joke) under his backseat an opening, behind that he has a big truck water cooler, powerd with 2 nice electric fans and louvers to get his heat outside his trunk

Only his headers are oudside water cooled, and he has no heat problems
Old 03-31-2011, 12:26 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

Contact Monitor Industries in Florida. They make Mercury Racing's freshwater cooling systems that cool engines over 700HP no problem!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 03-31-2011, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
Contact Monitor Industries in Florida. They make Mercury Racing's freshwater cooling systems that cool engines over 700HP no problem!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Monitor is close by here. I have used their package on a 650 hp engine with no troubles.
Steve
Old 03-31-2011, 07:22 AM
Registered

Smile

Thank you guys..I have found what i am looking for, thanks to diamond performance....

Regards.
jens henrik vinther
(Denmark)
Old 03-31-2011, 09:36 AM
Registered

MAybe you can tell us what exact you found...can be helpful
Old 03-31-2011, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jens henrik
Hi Guys.

I realy hope you can help me!!!

I have just bough a new engine for my 29 Scarab. The engine is a 550cid with Dart alu heads and F.A.S.T fuel injection, made on a Merlin lll block and it puts out about 600hp.

I want a full closed fresh water colling kit on, but no of the shelf kit is made for that amount of horsepower i am told.
What kit shall i buy and where can i get it? and what is made for that amount of horsepower.

Hope you can help me, cause no one in Denmark can.

Regards.
Jens henrik
You might find those kits are for a 1/2 system. We carry them. But we have a closed water cooling kit for a 550hp and can help.

It's a rather large (6") front mounted cooler. We'd have to see your engine configuration to make sure it would all fit together.

Russ

Looks like I was a little too late but I'll leave the post. We offer 100 different kits and usually engineer heat exchangers specifically for engine sizes in the higher horsepower so the package fits well. If you think we can help, give us a call.

Last edited by Mr. Cool; 03-31-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:05 AM
Registered

The set i need is called 4008f so i was told, I think it is made by seakemp. The heatexchanger i 5"x 25" and has to be mounted off the engine....

Last edited by jens henrik; 04-01-2011 at 01:18 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The set i need is called 4008f so i was told, I think it is made by seakemp. The heatexchanger i 5"x 25" and has to be mounted off the engine....
Yup. Those are made by Seakamp. Great company, great people.

Something is wrong. You have a fulll system kit (that's what the "F" means) with a heat exchanger sized for a 1/2 system for a 550hp engine. Confirming: a 5X25 for a 550 hp engine is sized for a 1/2 system. No manifold cooling. There's a conflict. Look here: http://www.mrcool.us/skin/frontend/d...Kit-matrix.pdf
We don't have all of the kits on here. I'm working on it.

You don't have to mount this off engine. If you have space, you can mount it in the front, depending on whether you're serpentine or not but you need a different kit. This normally has a 4X25 heat exchanger for a normal 7.4L. Diameter is not the limitation, it's length to get it not to collide with the PS pump, if it's there.

I'd almost think you want a 4823 with a resized heat exchanger for the additional horsepower. It's a lot more tidy package.

Consider giving us a call or emailing me with specifics of what you want and I'll quote a package that works for you so you have something to compare your current quote to. Cooling is a bit of science. I'd like to think we could be useful here.

I just read what you have up top: A full system of 550-600 hp will require a 6X23 or so heat exchanger. Just did one of these with Tyler Crockett and John Montgomery. Let's talk to make sure I understand what you want and what I have. I'll not be back on until Monday AM. Call about 9am my time please 2489607850.

Russ

Last edited by Mr. Cool; 04-03-2011 at 05:41 PM. Reason: re-read original post