Need feedback on rear bench design >

Need feedback on rear bench design

Notices

Need feedback on rear bench design

Old 04-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need feedback on rear bench design

I removed/dumped the rear bench in my Mistress (rotted). Now I have a clean slate back there.

I was thinking of doing a U-shaped bench. I did a sketch of what I'm thinking. Any feedback/ideas would be appreciated. I'd like to have a couple steps to help in getting in/out of the boat and one in the middle of the back bench to help get into the engine hatch. Maybe I can sink a cupholder or two into each of the steps (was going to make them out of starboard).

My first thought was to build a complete box that looked like the sketch. Then I though to replace edges E,F,G with aluminum L angle bolted to the side of the cockpit, thus eliminating the need for a wood panel all around the back. Panels A,B,C,D,E would sit in aluminum channel screwed to the floor. The upholstered top would rest on the panels inside and the Aluminum angle outside and I would use dowels/pins to lock it all together. I want to keep the upholstered top either hinged or removing in sections for storage underneath.

Sorry for the long-windedness. Any thoughts? Thx, Randy

Last edited by bustedbrick; 09-13-2011 at 09:22 PM.