Blueprint ProSeries Engines >

Blueprint ProSeries Engines

Notices

Blueprint ProSeries Engines

Old 04-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Cool Blueprint ProSeries Engines

Well guys just got my new Summit Racing Catalog and on page 128 .They are selling a new engine called the Blueprint ProSeries engine that generates 525 to 815 Hp and comes in different configurations in large displacement starting at 427/454/509/540/572/and a whopping 632 cu.inches.427 cu inch for you Ford guys;
Each engine starts with a brand new 4 bolt main block with a 1 -piece rear main seal .The engines are equipped with high performance aluminum heads,Forged crank shaft,pistons and rods,plus a high volume oil pump and hydraulic roller cam shaft.Base engines also include new valve covers,oil pan and timing cover. Comes in two versions ,the base engine is $8499.00 and the dressed version that comes ready to run with carb. , dist. ,wires,plugs for $9999.00
It also comes with a 30 month warranty or 50,000 miles for you guys who want to put it in a car.
Now I know some of you guys are going to criticize this for starters and I don't know if they will hold up under a Marine environment or marine specs but its something to look at and give some consideration to ..... Some one is going to have to step up a notch or two or step down a notch or two depending on which side of the fence you are on money wise or performance wise. Not throwing any stones......FYI

Jim
Old 04-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

Depending on your boating style and distances you drive, could work fine. For marine duty, I would change the exhaust valves to Inconel and make sure you have better valve springs like some of the endurance rated. Remember boating is more like Nascar then Drag racing, you have to build accordingly. Where I boat it's 30 miles to the nearest harbor.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink Can You Spell Crapshoot!

I will say it again quietly, car high performance engines are car engines, most marine high performance engines need to be endurance engines! Ask them what the warranty will be in a marine engine use and have them give it to you in writing. When a few boaters have used these engines in high performance marine use and they have lasted a season or two then we who know will be new converts!
Until then, we rightly remain real skeptics!
Best of Luck

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 04-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Ray, I guess you were right about the marine aspect..... Called Summit just for the hell of it and found out they only honor the warranty on car engines --- Not Marine !!! They do have a marine line of engines but they only go up to 496 cu. inch..... the warranty on the marine line is 12 months. Guess I should have checked into to it before posting.

Jim