A&L Engines Miami FL >

A&L Engines Miami FL

Notices

A&L Engines Miami FL

Old 04-14-2011, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A&L Engines Miami FL

Has anyone done business with these guys? I like their prices and their warranty seems to be very good (2 years and they will honor it even if I put the motor in backwards) and they ship within 2 days.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:09 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by mikel1291979
Has anyone done business with these guys? I like their prices and their warranty seems to be very good (2 years and they will honor it even if I put the motor in backwards) and they ship within 2 days.
i've only lived here 55 years, been in the engine business for 40 years, and never heard of them.... but that doesn't mean anything
Old 04-14-2011, 07:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And if BUIZILLA doesn't convince you, call Chief Engines and talk to Tommy. If he doesn't know anything about them, best to pass on that shop...
Old 04-15-2011, 09:32 AM

A friend of mine got a 350 from them and had nothing but problems with it from day one. Took them 3 Weeks to ship it instead of the 2 days, they sent the wrong block (with out fuel pump bossbut called them with the problem and they shipped a electric fuel pump with no cost to him.). It was suppoosed to be the 330hp version but, it was slower than the origional 260hp that it replaced. When we ran a compression check on it the highest number was 130and the lowers was 65 and 3 were at that and the engine only had 8 hrs on it at most.

Lots of calls to them about the problem and got a responce of " that cant be rite give it some more time to break in." So 2 more hrs of run time and still the same compression numbers, and lots of calls back to A&L and the same shot responce if they would even answer the phone. So he gave up on them and pulled the motor apart to fix the problem himself.

That being said i Wouldnt do any kind of business with them at all. Yeah they have a good warantee, but what good is it if you cant get them on the phone to talk with about the problems your having.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Registered

I live in south florida there's a lot of ****y shops I've been BURNED!!! But I have two guys I deal with who are honest and reasonable if you haven't found another guy let me know I'll give you my number and depending on what you need they are both top notch but have different specialties I've had to spend thousands to fix a ****ty $200 job so I don't mind helping keep a guy from get screwed.It ruined a boating season for me before!
Old 06-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A & L engines has scored another victim...my brother.

I am copying the E-Mails associated with this for all to see.

My brother purchased a 350 Chevy from A & L less than 2 years ago for his '83 F-3 Formula. He ran a compression check as soon as he got the engine installed and had erratic compression numbers. He alerted A & L to this fact and was told to "let it break in some more"

As time went along and as the engine approached 50 hours, it started loosing power. My brother started noticing that he was getting water in the oil and became concerned. He pulled the intake and replaced the gaskets..ran it and noticed that it was still getting water in the crank case. He pulled the plugs and had water shoot out of 5 & 7 when he tuned it over...so off comes the head.

My brother paid extra to get flat top pistons and a performance cam. He was also assured by the owner of A & L that they never used blocks with more than a .030 over bore. My brother discovered that his pistons were not flat but were in fact "dished" and have a ".060" stamp on the top of the pistons. About this time he discovered what he thinks is a fine hairline crack in the cylinder wall...also...the cylinder head casting numbers don't match so he was sold what is basically a "junk" motor. He did not get what he bought. He has now less than 60 hours on this hunk of junk.

He called the owner of A & L..."Rick" and was told that there was nothing he could do because the engine is out of warranty. My brother said that the warranty is 2 years but A & L said that this motor only gets a 15 month warranty...WTF!!!

See e-mails below.

Fwd: bad engine
"[email protected]" <[email protected]>
View Contact
To: [email protected]

-----Original Message-----
To: rmalaga <[email protected]>
Sent: Thu, Jun 9, 2011 9:00 pm
Subject: Re: bad engine

That will be fine. I had hoped that you were the business man of integrity that you had portrayed yourself to be when I purchased the engine from you. If you had taken care of me on this you could have had my praise for doing what is right. You KNOW that a .060 bored small block has no place in marine service. You also KNOW that you sent me an engine with dish style pistons and I have proof that I paid for an engine with flat tops. These facts have nothing to do with warranty, however they have everything to do with your deception and that you were trying to save a few bucks. If you were a smart business man and a man of integrity you would realize that it might cost you a few hundred dollars to satisfy my situation and gain my praise on all the public forums such as Sea Ray, Formula, Off Shore Only, I Boats, and the word of mouth to the hundreds of marine shops and dealers that my brother and I are in constant contact with. Instead you are choosing to not do the honorable and right thing. You must realize that his can cost you tens of thousands of dollars. The funny thing is all I have do do is tell the truth and show the facts that you #1 shipped me an engine with dish pistons when I purchase one with flat tops. #2 that you shipped me an engine with a .060 overbore which should never be used in a heavy duty application such as marine use. So you send all of this to your lawyers and see how well your business does in the future once these two true facts are published across the web. ******

-----Original Message-----
To: tomtomteriffico <[email protected]>
Sent: Thu, Jun 9, 2011 7:55 pm
Subject: RE: bad engine

Hello Tom,

Nobody reacts good to an email like yours and I am not the exception.
Thank you for sending me the email but your engine is out of warranty as I explained to you over the phone.

I will forward your email to our lawyers so we can be prepare and ready.

Regards,

Rick Malaga
Direct: 305-206-6102
Fax: 888-812-4081 "NEW"
A & L Engine Rebuilders, Inc.
[email protected]
http://www.alengine.com

Description: Description: Memorial Day 2011

P Please, print only if necessary *** Imprima solo si es necesario, el planeta se lo agradece.
* ************************************************** ***************************
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. Access to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system

Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2011 5:30 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: bad engine

Now that I see that you are not willing to realize that you did not sell me the engine that I ordered, which should have had flat top pistons in it,and seeing that the engine you sent me is of low quality and can not be rebuilt because it is a .060 overbore,I must proceed to get this information about your practices to as many unsuspecting consumers that may be in the market for an engine as possible. You told me yourself that you never use blocks that are bored more than .030, but you sent me one that is maxed out. Thats most likely the cause of the problem. The pistons in the engine you sold me are clearly dished style low compression pistons and not flat tops with eye brow valve notches that I paid for. I guess you thought you could fool me and thought I did not know any different.
I will give you another day to think about how you want to handle this. I suggest you ship me the correct engine with a return order for this engine. If you do this just ship the short block without heads. I am not going to use the heads off of this engine because the casting numbers are diffferent, another ill advised practice when building a marine engine. If I do not hear from you then I will know to begin posting this information. Be advised that my brother has lived in South Florida for 35 plus years and has many many friends and contacts in the marine industry. Nothing will be said that is not true. All facts will be documented and the facts will stand for themselves. All of the main boating forums will be posted. I am certain that I can also get a judgment in court showing that you sold me an engine with the wrong pistons. I will wait for your response, *********

We have photographs and copies of the original invoice indicating what was purchased.

Hopefully this will save someone else from dealing with this company and others can avoid getting screwed around by these people.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:56 PM
Registered

Thanks
Old 06-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

If you put A&L Engines Miami in Google this thread comes up first now.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

GOOD!!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Who said?/ " there is a sucker born every minute" ??
And I am one also. I got a 350 block from them, the motor fried after a few hours. Bent rod, water in the oil. They rebuilt it at no cost, but I paid for the shipping. There were some other minor issues and headaches and they still owe me money.
Run like heII to some one else.
Dont be a sucker like us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.