Notices

Barry Grant Sea Demon???

Old 04-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Barry Grant Sea Demon???

I'm looking at a 850 barry grant carb model 1563020EM
does anyone have any information on this carb good or bad .
Old 04-17-2011, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didnt his bussiness go under. Might stay away from that brand might be hard to find parts if that is the case.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by alecsammy
I'm looking at a 850 barry grant carb model 1563020EM
does anyone have any information on this carb good or bad .
Iam going to run one on my new 509cid that made 615hp. Just did dyno testing with it so far and its seems ok. Don't know how it runs in the boat yet...
Old 04-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by firehawkcat
Didnt his bussiness go under. Might stay away from that brand might be hard to find parts if that is the case.
They did go under but they carbs are serviceable with Holley parts. I bought a 650 from jegs after they went out and that is what the sales guy told me
Old 04-17-2011, 08:27 PM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I have always had great results with B.G. Carbs

Yes they are out of business.

From Barry Grant
As of today, February 18, 2011 we are ceasing operations at our Dahlonega location and all subsidiary locations. Working with all of you has been the experience of a lifetime. I will value your support as friends, customers, vendors, and media contacts forever. The economic situation has put the company in the position of not being able to find working capital needed to continue operations and get a chapter 11 reorganization plan through the court. In addition to this, is that all of our equipment has been breaking down causing production delays and further hurting cash flow. Reluctantly now we must convert to chapter 7 liquidation after 26 years of business. The financial collapse has closed, or has caused severe restructuring of many companies in our industry. Many individuals have lost everything. We have even lost our home. This is the most humbling experience of my life, and I have no future plans at this point. Thank You for Your Many Years of Support.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Registered

I feel bad for the guy abut most of the fuel pumps SUCKED! They leaked like a sieve and many peoples drag cars In knew oof caught fire because of the crappy seal set ups.

That being said I have a King sumo on my turbo car and its been great.

I hate to see anyone who didnt screw people, go out that way and to my knowledge they tried there best to remedy problems wehn they had them