prop for a 24x7 hull >

prop for a 24x7 hull

Notices

prop for a 24x7 hull

Old 04-26-2011, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 11 Posts
Default prop for a 24x7 hull

I have a 24 Python with a 468 that makes 450 hp at 5200 rpm. I am currently running a borrowed 25p Mirage that has had some work done to it and it appears that 1/4 tip of the blade has been ground straight across. When running this prop it seems to blow out very easily in turns and my rpms will only go to 4400. I am going to try a 23p Mirage plus this weekend to see what it does to my rpms. The boat came with a 25p 4 blade revolution and a beat up 25p Mirage and I haven't run the revolution as I let a buddy borrow it and the guy I bought the boat from said it didn't handle as good with the Revolution as it did with the Mirage. My question is, everyone with these 24x7 hulls what props seem to be working best for you and what rpms do you turn?
Old 04-26-2011, 08:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

My previous boat, 24 Superboat w/425 HP ran a 28P Bravo @5000 RPMs. Before I repowered, I was turning a 26P Bravo, or 25P Mirage+ to 5000 RPMs w/385HP.

If you are only turning a 25P to 4400, I'm guessing that your motor isn't putting out 450HP.

I started out running a Mirage+ but found that not to be the prop for the boat. It blew out in rough water and wasn't any faster on smooth water.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cdail28590
I have a 24 Python with a 468 that makes 450 hp at 5200 rpm. I am currently running a borrowed 25p Mirage that has had some work done to it and it appears that 1/4 tip of the blade has been ground straight across. When running this prop it seems to blow out very easily in turns and my rpms will only go to 4400. I am going to try a 23p Mirage plus this weekend to see what it does to my rpms. The boat came with a 25p 4 blade revolution and a beat up 25p Mirage and I haven't run the revolution as I let a buddy borrow it and the guy I bought the boat from said it didn't handle as good with the Revolution as it did with the Mirage. My question is, everyone with these 24x7 hulls what props seem to be working best for you and what rpms do you turn?
That boat needs a rev4. I owned one and I know how bad they porpoise the rev 4 cures that. Plus that boat needs bow and stern lift which is what that prop is all about. That hull needs to be out of the water buy watch out and hold on they chime walk like crazy at 70. If u can drive it good than can drive anything and will be fearless. It's a crazy ride like ur doing 80 you look down and its 60. Ton of fun. (:
Old 04-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure about the python, or the Super, but my Pantera likes the mirage plus the best, but that is with the outboard, could be different with the I/O.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Registered

I know the motor puts out 450 as it was dynoed and it pulled all the way up to 5200 so that is what I am trying to prop for. I think the fact that the prop blades have been cut a little is allowing the prop to slip and loose its bite in the higher rpms. You can hear the difference in the motor when the prop grabs v/s when its slipping. Its also a solid hub so the prop is not slipping due to the rubber in the hub. Like I said I will try a 23 mirage plus this weekend and another buddy has a 25 mirage that hasn't had anything done to it that I am going to try and maybe I'll put the revolution on it to see how it does.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Registered

I made a mistake on the 4 blade prop that came on the boat. I said it was a revolution but it is actually a vengence 4 blade 25p prop.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Registered

try the rev the vengence in no so good. The mirage is typically fastest prop but boat is not so much fun to drive. The rev 4 fixed all that for me. No porpoise better ride and could corner. Plus acceleration was fantastic.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Poker~N~Run
try the rev the vengence in no so good. The mirage is typically fastest prop but boat is not so much fun to drive. The rev 4 fixed all that for me. No porpoise better ride and could corner. Plus acceleration was fantastic.
The mirage is what makes the boat fun(interesting) to drive
Old 04-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
The mirage is what makes the boat fun(interesting) to drive
very true I learned on that boat and man what an experience. It makes everything look easy. We were so FN out of control back then. I thought thats the way all boats were. Got to meet one of the guys who built the boats and such and he helped me make it more tolerable. I went from that to a 100mph cat and was like butter compared to the python. I do miss that boat.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Poker~N~Run
very true I learned on that boat and man what an experience. It makes everything look easy. We were so FN out of control back then. I thought thats the way all boats were. Got to meet one of the guys who built the boats and such and he helped me make it more tolerable. I went from that to a 100mph cat and was like butter compared to the python. I do miss that boat.
Watch the end of this video taken from my boat, this is what a few beers, a narrow beam boat, a good size boat wake, and a mirage will do, but it is fast, not too bad to handle in regular waves, but catch a wake wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IwLxaF1mK0

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.