Holes in Anchor Locker

Notices
Formula

Holes in Anchor Locker

Old 04-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 787 Likes on 371 Posts
Default Holes in Anchor Locker

I have had the same issue as a lot of other members have...I always seem to have a puddle in the cabin just before the step leading in...I have a small hole in the anchor locker up front...would this lead to having water where I am describing? Or is it likely that I am getting water in through the rub rail. Keep in mind I have my boat completly covered with plastic from transom to mid deck on top (anchor locker and some of the top deck exposed). So this would eliminate the windshield. Any thoughts? I used to think the water was coming from the engine compartment under the cockpit. But we have yet to use our boat and the drain plugs are out.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=moses0324;3389505] Or is it likely that I am getting water in through the rub rail.

There was a thread on this,were I stated that I believe that this is the cause of a lot of unexplained leaks in Formula's.Do you have water under the cabin bench seats?
Old 04-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 787 Likes on 371 Posts

probably...i havent looked yet. probably start trouble shooting this weekend. what is involved with re-sealing the entire rub rail?
Old 04-30-2011, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by moses0324
I have had the same issue as a lot of other members have...I always seem to have a puddle in the cabin just before the step leading in...I have a small hole in the anchor locker up front...would this lead to having water where I am describing? Or is it likely that I am getting water in through the rub rail. Keep in mind I have my boat completly covered with plastic from transom to mid deck on top (anchor locker and some of the top deck exposed). So this would eliminate the windshield. Any thoughts? I used to think the water was coming from the engine compartment under the cockpit. But we have yet to use our boat and the drain plugs are out.
I had a small hole in the anchor locker of the '06 292................it would get water in the storage compartments on each side of the porta potti under the v berth cushion.