Lenco's vs. K-Planes >

Lenco's vs. K-Planes

Notices

Lenco's vs. K-Planes

Old 05-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts
Default Lenco's vs. K-Planes

I purchased a set of K-planes earlier this year (used) but they are too big for the boat (I think they are 13X19). There are also some supports inside the boat that would not be very condusive to installing K-Planes and pumps (I have the pumps, too). After some research, I am considering possibly using the Lenco Performance Tabs:

http://www.lencomarine.com/high_perf...formances.html

From what I understand with the bat, the tabs get set and pretty much left alone, so I don't know that the precise adjustments that the hydraulic manufacturers talk about is all that important.

These Lencos seem to be pretty decent, and the installation of them would be way, way easier than the K-planes. They would also be alot lighter.

Any thoughts one way or another?
Old 05-04-2011, 10:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Lencos and K-Planes are kind of an apples & oranges comparison. The K-Planes are much heavier duty tabs. If they're more than you need, the Lencos are fine lighter duty tabs. One caution though. They are quite fast acting and take a bit of getting used to.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOve My Lenco's on My 260 Velocity.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had good luck with Lenco's on my Velocity as well. They are a bit faster acting than Bennet trim tabs, and they used to be a bit cheaper as well. But for me this is a plus- I like the faster action. Its not dramaticaly faster but it is noticable. I have Bennetts on my Sea Ray.

I am not sure how long a Bennet trim cylinder would last on average- mine are now 10 years old and running fine. I did have a Bennet hydralic pump go bad, and they exchanged it for a rebuild unit at a fair price (much cheaper than a new pump). Bennet's customer service is very good. I have had two Lenco trim rams go bad- one lasted 12 years, the other maybe 14-15 years. The first time they offered a rebuilt unit at a good price- the second time they did not have any rebuilts available so I had to get a new one. Lenco also offers high performance units. Compared to most companies that offer spotty or inconsistent customer service, I have been pleased with both companies.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a pic of the ones I have on my 260. I don't remember the size or part number off hand. I did have a screw motor go bad, but Lenco immediately sent me a new one.