Notices

350 Mag MPI Help

Old 05-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350 Mag MPI Help

I have a 350 mag mpi and I don't want to upgrade engines before that gets posted.

I have upgraded Exhaust on it but I am looking for an Air filter or Air intake system upgrade to a K&N or something. I have yet to find anything. Does anyone know of one or have a link to one?

Also is the Dyno Boost system any good or just a waste of money.

http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/produ...board_outboard

I am just looking to get a little more out of it without Doing Superchargers and Engine changes. Would appreciate anyone who has info on this engine to help me out. It has a Bravo 1 out drive, and running a 21 vengeance 3 blade stainless prop. Just looking to optimize performance for what I have in the boat.

Thanks

Last edited by iceroper; 05-13-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

No bobbles or trinkets are going to get you any noticeable gains. If you do not want to get into the motor, the prop and drive height is where you need to focus your attention for more speed.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Registered

I could be wrong but i believe air filter will slow you down
Old 05-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Registered

Before looking at tuning the engine, you need to know if there is anything to be had. Start by installing a wideband O2 sensor kit to monitor the A/F ratio and see if it needs improvement.

Dynojet makes a device called the WideBand 2 which is a wideband O2 sensor monitor that comes with a Bosch LSU 4.2 wideband sensor. You will need to install an adapter between your manifold and riser, or have the riser modified to accept an O2 sensor. Then you can install it and measure air/fuel ratio across the running spectrum and see if and/or where tuning would be beneficial.

You can see this product at http://www.dynojetwb2.com There are several gauge options and a touchscreen LCD for monitoring. The LCD does give you the ability to view and log not only air/fuel data, but also RPM and one analog input (usually MAP in the marine environment, which is also used for tuning).

If tuning is required, then something like the Dynojet CMD Marine would be able to give you the capability to adjust the fueling. This product will be available very shortly as its in final testing and software development now. http://www.dynojetcmd.com
Old 05-16-2011, 05:30 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Default 350 mpi

We have one putting out tons of power.K&N filter will loose you HP leave the stocker on it. We have a arizona tune,lot of people don't like them but ours has been fine,has our stinger running in the high70's low80's. But we do have good exhaust.JOHN SR
Old 05-16-2011, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
No bobbles or trinkets are going to get you any noticeable gains. If you do not want to get into the motor, the prop and drive height is where you need to focus your attention for more speed.
What that man said. Drive height and propeller changes, specifically "labbing" the propeller be a reputable shop, specifically Bblades.

Propeller work: www.bblades.com
Shortened drives: http://www.imcomarine.com/ca_store/i...ex&cPath=5_103
You'll want the -2" one with a 1" shaft and your choice of finish.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:40 PM
Registered

Thanks for the help I will look into some of this and see what I can do.