AN fitting and routing help... >

AN fitting and routing help...

Notices

AN fitting and routing help...

Old 05-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts
Default AN fitting and routing help...

I am trying to get my -12 AN fittings ordered for my TRS application with the rear head mount Merc Racing thermostate/filter housing. Most my parts are set aside and not easy to lay out to see exactly what all I will need.

If anyone has any pics of such and or routing of I would greatly appreciate it. I've been busy working on finishing the glass work so I haven't looked at it however will need these fittings soon. I also kind of would like to know how many 30deg, 45deg, 90deg and straight fittings I will need. I have some 180deg fittings and some 1/2 pipe to -12 AN.

Does anyone use the 180deg fittings on the oil filter pad adapter plate to come up from underneith? I wish I had time to gather my parts and lay this out and may have to however I am going mach 10 trying to get the boat in paint.

Thanks for your help.
John

PS I also plan to use the AN fittings from hardin or cp that thread over the oil coolers. I just want a clean job and no chance of any line kinks.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

John-
I've got 4 AN-12 male-male fittings from my oil filter housing that I don't need. If you can wait a week you can have them if they're what you need!
Old 05-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy what you need here they have the best pricing
http://www.aeroquip.cc/index.aspx
Old 05-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
I am trying to get my -12 AN fittings ordered for my TRS application with the rear head mount Merc Racing thermostate/filter housing. Most my parts are set aside and not easy to lay out to see exactly what all I will need.

If anyone has any pics of such and or routing of I would greatly appreciate it. I've been busy working on finishing the glass work so I haven't looked at it however will need these fittings soon. I also kind of would like to know how many 30deg, 45deg, 90deg and straight fittings I will need. I have some 180deg fittings and some 1/2 pipe to -12 AN.

Does anyone use the 180deg fittings on the oil filter pad adapter plate to come up from underneith? I wish I had time to gather my parts and lay this out and may have to however I am going mach 10 trying to get the boat in paint.

Thanks for your help.
John

PS I also plan to use the AN fittings from hardin or cp that thread over the oil coolers. I just want a clean job and no chance of any line kinks.
i am certain beyond certain that you don't want to hear this but :
a) if you need 180 degree fittings then you really need to rethink what you are doing and really look at it with the notion of a fundemental re design.

2) a 1/2 pipe fitting has a inside dia of less than 1/2 in... yet you are putting a line on with an inside dia of 3/4 inch ... why ?
Old 05-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by stevesxm
i am certain beyond certain that you don't want to hear this but :
a) if you need 180 degree fittings then you really need to rethink what you are doing and really look at it with the notion of a fundemental re design.

2) a 1/2 pipe fitting has a inside dia of less than 1/2 in... yet you are putting a line on with an inside dia of 3/4 inch ... why ?
a) Had some new ones laying hanging in the shop.

2) Your right. However I think you misunderstood the question. This isn't a size oil line to use question. I have my reasons for such as I'm sure others do as well. Makes you wonder why so many idiots use a 3/4" garden hose when only a 1/2" copper line feeds it. lol... In regards the the 180deg fittings I was more so wondering in what application people use them. Thanks for the help though. I will lay everything out soon and know what I need. I was just trying to get a jump start on getting some fittings delivered and not have a bunch extra laying around. I need to take a break from prepping the boat for paint anyway.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by endeavour32
John-
I've got 4 AN-12 male-male fittings from my oil filter housing that I don't need. If you can wait a week you can have them if they're what you need!
Thanks Mike,
Maybe if I'm still ass deep into the other I have going on when you get back you can lay it out for me. Definately could use the male to male fittings you have also.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rockfish71
Thanks,
I recall you telling me that last season and will certainly use them. Take care.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rockfish71

Just went to their site.
I forgot what a difference in price. About an average of 5.00 savings per fitting. Good call...

Thanks again for the heads up.