525 hesitation? >

525 hesitation?

Notices

525 hesitation?

Old 05-31-2011, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 525 hesitation?

Still trying to figure why my boat is slow to respond. Push throttle from idle and it revs up to around 1500 rpm for about 4 seconds or so and then revs up and pulls hard. I check for fault codes and had 3 active, #75,#118,#191. My wot rpm is down too. Wondering if I could have intake leaking? Can't here it. This is my 2nd weekend with this boat, and trying to work out the gremlins. Any suggestions?
Old 05-31-2011, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

take a spray bottle of water and spray down the whole engine while its running,,,if there is a leak you will hear it ,,,when you get to the leak
Old 06-01-2011, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TWIN-SPINS
take a spray bottle of water and spray down the whole engine while its running,,,if there is a leak you will hear it ,,,when you get to the leak
I will try that, old school we used starter fluid, but I guess that could be a little dangerous.

I was hoping someone else had experienced similiar issue's that could shed some light on this?