Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
I think I finally pulled the trigger!!!! >

I think I finally pulled the trigger!!!!

Notices

I think I finally pulled the trigger!!!!

Old 06-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I finally pulled the trigger!!!!

After losing three weeks to my, what I thought to be engine builder, I just got off of the phone with Bill L from Ateco Industries and I do believe he is who I am going to use, He gave me a great price on two 502/550 hp and seems to have a good reputation. Does anyone have any advice, warnings or good things to say b4 I send the cash? I really wanted to deal locally,but hey he seems to have a good warranty and rep. and bottom line is the money is correct.. I'm actually excited again, I may actually be able to boat this year after all..
Old 06-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

You're asking a loaded question the same as asking whether I should buy a chevy ford or dodge. Most people that have what Ateco engines are very satisfied. I've bought four engines and they were great.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Registered

I appreciate the feedback, been told so much information lately it's hard to decifer it all. I've been told so many things in the last few weeks of who to use and where to go, etc... I'm not looking to bad mouth anyone on here or anywhere for that matter. I'm just trying to use the internet community to help me make an educated decision. If theres praise or positive comments please post and if there are any negatives please feel free to pm me instead if airing it out all over the net.
Thanks.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Registered

Bought a 540 from him and a 496. Both were great and as advertised. I would have kept using them but went kind of wild on my new power so I stayed local with innovation.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Registered

Great service honest guy.