Anchor question?

Notices
Formula

Anchor question?

Old 06-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anchor question?

Ok...my Anchor Bit@#..... I mean my wife wanted me to ask....

We just got a 98 312 and the anchor box up top is to small for the anchor as well as it doesn't have a hold down clamp to keep it from bouncing around.

What is everyone doing with their anchor's?

Thanks

Dave
Old 06-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Since a 382 doesn't have an anchor locker, we us a mesh anchor bag, stored in the side compartment. Deploy over the side and pass the bag with the rode over the windshield to you deck person. Reverse process to retrieve. NOTE: This is NOT my boat in the picture...

Buy one here.
Attached Images  

Last edited by C_Spray; 06-09-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Registered

Smile

Cool.....my anchor bit@# thanks you!
Old 06-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Registered

how the heck does that thing work? after reading their site im a bit confused.

you tie the line to the cleat and drop the bag overboard? or leave the bag flopn around the deck?
Old 06-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

Mines in the side storage in my 292.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FRMULTR
Mines in the side storage in my 292.
+1. Same location with me. Not the "easiest" thing to get and put back. I wish Formula would have made the anchor locker on the bow actually FIT an anchor!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Registered

I have a 271 w/o an anchor locker too!! I put under the rear bench seat, it fit nice on top of the anchor rope and i have an older fender/bumper on top so it stays snug when underway. I throw it over the starboard side, let it drop, and back up until it grabs. This better than trusting someone to walk across the bow with it, especially after a few drinks!! good luck.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Since a 382 doesn't have an anchor locker, we us a mesh anchor bag, stored in the side compartment. Deploy over the side and pass the bag with the rode over the windshield to you deck person. Reverse process to retrieve. NOTE: This is NOT my boat in the picture...

Buy one here.
I kinda do the same,I have a box anchor that folds up and fits perfectly in its heavy bag in the side locker.I take out the line I need tie to front anchor cleat then throw anchor over and set.I also pad the bag with some old life vest nothing will ruin your day more than something shiny sticking out of your hull.And Formula should be ashamed of there anchor locker design.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:40 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I keep three anchors on board. Small medium and large. The small I use for when I have the bow up on the beach to keep me strait. The medium I use for when I am floating and there is little or no wind. If I am dropping for a while were I am not going to be keeping an eye on the boat I drop the large one. They all stay in the side compartments with all the fenders and what not. It can be a PITA getting the large one up on the bow with out banging it off stuff. I ussually just let others get there first and raft off them.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:26 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

I had a 312 and kept the anchor in there til I got in rough water one day...beat the hell out of the inside of that compartment. After that (and on the 382 I bought next) I kept the anchor in the side compartment behind me. I would hold the anchor in my right hand and drop it where needed off the side of the boat...backing up as needed. As the rope was pulling out of the compartment I would hand a section to my wife on the bow who would tie it off where needed.
To retrieve, I'd have her untie the line and hand it to me at the helm (the excess line was running from the bow cleat along the bow rail and into that side compartment). I'd bump the boat forward collecting the line and coiling it inside the compartment right from the helm seat (facing backwards). Once i was above the anchor I'd just pull it up and set it on top of the coiled rope inside the compartment.....coiling it allowed it to simply un-coil when we set it the next time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.