no trim under power >

no trim under power

Notices

no trim under power

Old 06-13-2011, 03:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no trim under power

ran my 1998 fever this weekend and the driver wont trim out under full power. they work fine on the trailer and at no wake speed. but after getting on plane i have to back the sticks off and trim out one drive at a time. any help on were to check for my problem.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:56 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Make sure your blue wire is the one getting power when you trim up and the green one when you trim down. They ahve different PSI's and if things are hooked up backwards then that can do this. If it used to work fine and this is a new problem then I would pull one end of the rams off and see if you can turn the end easily. They may need a rebuild.

Jon
Old 06-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Hey Brian. Had the same problem before. Turned out to be the pump. Replaced it and all was well.

Its odd that both pumps could have went bad at one time though. Might not hurt, just for giggles, to take the bottom reservoir off the pump. You will find two small pickups with screens on them. Make sure your screens are not plugged up with crap. Trimming up underway requires alot of PSI. I am pretty sure the pumps can be dissassembled, cleaned, and new o-rings installed. Doesnt sound like a electrical issue, but they also do rebuild the motors at some alternator/starter repair shops.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:30 AM
Registered

I think it is electric cuz the fuel gauges drop when I hit the switch.and the halon light will dim. I will start with the grounds.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:09 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Check your batteries as well. If they are about to die they will not be able to provide enough cranking amps to trim the motors.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by brians fever
I think it is electric cuz the fuel gauges drop when I hit the switch.and the halon light will dim. I will start with the grounds.
Oh, well then yes, you may be right. Id follow the ground wires from the pumps, and clean them real good. Good luck!
Old 06-14-2011, 07:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Check your batteries as well. If they are about to die they will not be able to provide enough cranking amps to trim the motors.
I had the alternators gone threw and the batterys load tested and they are good