fuel psi on blown carb motor >

fuel psi on blown carb motor

Notices

fuel psi on blown carb motor

Old 06-19-2011, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default fuel psi on blown carb motor

What kind of fuel psi u guys run 6-9 psi?

Thank u
Old 06-21-2011, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That's right where I'm at. 6psi at idle, and it goes up to 8-9psi at full boogy.

Darrell.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1
Old 06-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Registered

Cool she's right on then!
Thank u guys!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 08:49 AM
Registered

6 or above at wide open and below 9 at ilde. If your wanting to change fuel curve the pressure setting will have little effect unless it's out of the 6 to 9 range. Above 9 at idle may force fuel past the needle and seat causing engine to flood. Below 6 at wide open well you may be seeing your engine builder soon than you want too. I think I see where your heading with all this, get a wideband O2 sensor if you are wanting to fine tune your setup. Every engine has different needs and all carbs out of the box are setup for a wide range of use. The chances are the idle circuit is to rich and starts to late in transfer causing the curb idle to be set too rich. Fouled plug on the hose. The highspeed airbleeds are usually to lean for a blower motors so if you lean the main you may break the engine before you learn what the engine needs to work right on the water. A dyno is a useful tool for checking oil leaks and impressing customers, but to get the most out your setup on the water get an O2 sensor so you can see really is going on.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:07 AM
Registered

Thank u very much for the help. I had my fuel psi regulator stick. She's all fixed now. That flooded her out bad one time fuel psi at idle went past13psi pushing fuel past seats. Took apart cleaned all good now.

Again thank u for help. p.s. All ways run wide band on my turbo sleds. How do u do it on a boat with water on the out sides of headers? Motor is all tuned on dyno engineer at holly hand build carbs over huge money in carbs. And it runs unreal for real boat has not stalled in two years. Just can not gas on hose I think. No load on motor to burn fuel.

Last edited by skydog; 06-22-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Registered

Weld the bung in the collector inside and out. There is no water inside the exhaust system if you have water jacketed headers.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what kind of blower set up ? makes a diff..if using a blow thru carb set up fuel pressure needs to be 7-6 idle and increase 1psi per pound of boost, non blow thru systems just need to maintain 6-7 thru out...
Old 06-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Registered

Non blow threw buddy.
Thank u