starter bottom mount  CBB >

starter bottom mount CBB

Notices

starter bottom mount CBB

Old 06-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default starter bottom mount CBB

Well one thing with boat killing me the starter wiring is perfect. When I first bought the boat it had zero shim in starter and about every time u hit key it grind and 2nd try it is good and start. So I have slowly added shims and I thought I had it for sure took boat out about 5 times starter never missed a beat. Then it did it like 5 times out of 8 starts! Wtf....... The bolts are straight and are all ways tight. The flywheel looks ok nothing real bad at all. I just don't get why its good then changes? Starter is like new and sounds great turning over. I did by a new one and I bolted up with no shims and it chipped a tooth on new starter. There is no way to know the spacing I need for shims with out pulling motor. Any ideas would a bracket help on the back of the starter? Try new starter again and shim? Live with it until motor comes out for rebuild. But I do just hate that sound aaaaaahhhhhh

Thank u Skydog
Old 06-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Think going to make a bracket for the starter see if that's fixes it.