Aug 13th, Madison, IN. 11th Anual WE CARE POKER RUN

Notices

Aug 13th, Madison, IN. 11th Anual WE CARE POKER RUN

Old 07-08-2011, 12:33 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Aug 13th, Madison, IN. 11th Anual WE CARE POKER RUN

Listing this for friends, we went last year and it was a blast.
This Poker Run is to benefit the WE CARE nonprofit organization in Kokomo IN. They hold the poker run on the Ohio River down at Madison IN. The poker run is on Aug 13th but many people get the boats out the day before and run the stops and have a blast. Its more about the charity and giving and having fun on the water than who has the fastest boat. Fast boats are welcome, have many Fountains, Bajas, and Eliminators show up each year but even more just regular family boats show up just to participate and have a great time.
Lots of great people, good bars, great restaruants. I'd suggest booking a room now if you plan to attend as they tend to fill up fast. Can contact Jeff Schaffer for more info on registering. [email protected] put BOAT POKER RUN in subject line.
Don't let the charity thing scare you off, this group can party also so it's alot of fun as well.
couple of links below
http://www.wecareonline.com/calendar.html
http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-Car...3904077?v=wall
Old 07-13-2011, 01:04 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Wecare Poker Run

can also contact Mark Metcalf at [email protected] for the WECARE boat poker run.
Sponsership is also needed and runs $250 to add your company name to shirts along with the other sponsers. Also gets you on all printed flyers and any ads placed.
Also may get your company mention on Radio/TV for the WECARE telethon when the poker run donation check is presented. Last year poker run raised $16,000.
Boat entry is cheap and that is the only thing required to run. Donations to the charity are strickly voluntary.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

What other info do you have as far as the card stops, etc.?
Old 07-13-2011, 12:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gunrunner72
And does this run REALLY start at 8:00 am? That's awful early for us coming by water from 20 miles down river.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by gilltee2
And does this run REALLY start at 8:00 am? That's awful early for us coming by water from 20 miles down river.
You can take a power nap in the cuddy and let Tricia have the helm.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:53 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I'll find out for you but i don't remember it starting at 8am last year and i can't imagine because there is usually some partying the friday night before late.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:58 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Gunrunner72
It change a little this year due to the locks only having the small side open, lockmaster said you could wait for 2hrs possibly so they chaged the route to go south down to Lousville, think a few marinas on the way and then down to Joes Crab shack and Hooters if the docks are still out. I guess the river is now getting prety low and causing some places to not have docks now. gotta love mother nature.

They used to run north through the locks and up to Veevay and back to Madison. Not this year due to maintenance on the locks i guess
Old 07-25-2011, 06:56 AM
Registered

Hooter's is on the Jeffersonville, IN side of the river right across from Louisville, and unfortunately, there have not been any docks there for the past several summers, which really sucks, because there are a number of good restaurants there. You may also want to reconsider lunch at Joe's Crab Shack. They really don't have "docks", just a concrete wall with some cleats, right on the main channel. There are some municipal docks about a block or so away, but there are only a few and they are first come first serve, and the inner slips are pretty shallow. An alternative you may want to consider is Tumbleweed Southwest Grill. They are located at the end of Towhead Island (mm 602.8), just before you get to downtown Louisville. They have much better docks, which are sheltered from the main channel, plus they have dockside service for those that wish to eat on their boats.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Hooter's is on the Jeffersonville, IN side of the river right across from Louisville, and unfortunately, there have not been any docks there for the past several summers, which really sucks, because there are a number of good restaurants there. You may also want to reconsider lunch at Joe's Crab Shack. They really don't have "docks", just a concrete wall with some cleats, right on the main channel. There are some municipal docks about a block or so away, but there are only a few and they are first come first serve, and the inner slips are pretty shallow. An alternative you may want to consider is Tumbleweed Southwest Grill. They are located at the end of Towhead Island (mm 602.8), just before you get to downtown Louisville. They have much better docks, which are sheltered from the main channel, plus they have dockside service for those that wish to eat on their boats.
Thanks for the info I passed it on to them. I guess they have not been down that way for several years, normally have the run go north through the locks up to around Veevay and back to just south of Madison to one of the Marinas. Thanks for all of your help. (how does the water look besides low? guessing it at least clear and not to many objects floating around since no rain in awhile) If anyone knows how the Madison ramp is let me know, it has a killer dropoff that I'm hoping I don't have to go down to to get my boat off.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

9:30 am registration 10am leave with 5pm return deadline
As long as you are registered by 10am you are good. (actaully will guess they will be a little lax on that also) It's a good time, get some friends together and go boating. If you see the HotForTeacher boat give us a big wave.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.