Looking to buy formula

Notices
Formula

Looking to buy formula

Old 07-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy formula

I have been looking to buy an either high preformance type boat or center console... after reasearching I have decided that I probably want a formula. I am look for between a 23 and 27,only looking to spend around 17500. anyone have advice on what to get
Old 07-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Registered

I have a 1990 242ss ill sell you for around that...new motor, outdrive, vinyl and loadright trailer...if your interested email me @ [email protected]

im gona use it till the end of july then list it for sale l love the boat but im looking for 2005 or newer 353
Old 07-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Registered

That sounds pretty cool, I have seen the model... I will shoot you a mail
Old 07-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Registered
Gold Member

http://www.boats.com/boat-details/Fo...7-sri/23717471

Not going to be fast with the 350's and alphas but will be a solid mid to upper 50's setup. Which will be the same as a single 242/271 with anything less than a 502. I prefer big blocks and bravos but if this thing is soild and you can live with yellow and get it for like 12k on trailer think you are doing okay
Old 07-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cuposterchild
http://www.boats.com/boat-details/Fo...7-sri/23717471

Not going to be fast with the 350's and alphas but will be a solid mid to upper 50's setup. Which will be the same as a single 242/271 with anything less than a 502. I prefer big blocks and bravos but if this thing is soild and you can live with yellow and get it for like 12k on trailer think you are doing okay
that could be a nice buy, lotta boat for the money, int looks cleanable ext looks pretty decent
Old 07-13-2011, 07:04 AM
Registered

"Great value on a well-kept and maintained performance boat. Don't pass this one up she is a must see!"

What a joke, do they think we're stupid or what??!!

That thing looks like a penicillin factory. There's friggin' mold on the steering wheel for Pete's sake!!! With the bolsters and dash and wheel all moldy, I can only imagine what the cabin smells like. "Well kept and maintained" huh?

5K for the boat and the rest of the summer detoxing that microbe nest!!

On the bright side, it does look to be in pretty good shape, I think the yellow is cool, and it has a nice trailer. Of course, the bearings and brakes are probably junk.

Did you notice the dude walking all over the vinyl with his grubby sneakers? Some people just don't get it.

Last edited by ThirdBird; 07-13-2011 at 07:06 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
"Did you notice the dude walking all over the vinyl with his grubby sneakers? Some people just don't get it.
Bird I agree....I am a sucker for the yellow birds for some reason. The shoe thing was the first thing I noticed and I was like WTF that interior stands a CHANCE but don't kill it. Will need some "detox" but if the 350's are sound they are pretty bullet proof. Again it is a boat that is going to get you on the water CHEAP if you aren't afraid of elbow greese IF(big If) it checks out sound.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Registered

Bird I agree....I am a sucker for the yellow birds for some reason. The shoe thing was the first thing I noticed and I was like WTF that interior stands a CHANCE but don't kill it. Will need some "detox" but if the 350's are sound they are pretty bullet proof. Again it is a boat that is going to get you on the water CHEAP if you aren't afraid of elbow greese IF(big If) it checks out sound.
Agreed CU, just had to comment on the "well maintained" thing. You're right, it can be resurected - for the right price and with lots of work. And, I wouldn't shy away from the 350/Alpha setup either. Pretty reliable and relatively cheap to fix. If you like cruising at 35-40mph, it's perfect.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:04 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
Agreed CU, just had to comment on the "well maintained" thing. You're right, it can be resurected - for the right price and with lots of work. And, I wouldn't shy away from the 350/Alpha setup either. Pretty reliable and relatively cheap to fix. If you like cruising at 35-40mph, it's perfect.
Yeah read that too and laughed...I swear I feel like most people's definition of well maintained is "I wash and waxed it once a season"
Old 07-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Registered

Yeah read that too and laughed...I swear I feel like most people's definition of well maintained is "I wash and waxed it once a season"
Yup!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.