Notices

502 magnum efi mods?

Old 07-20-2011, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 502 magnum efi mods?

I have a 1994 powerquest 257 legend that I purchased about a month ago. The outdrive was knocked off and transom assembly trashed. We replaced the transom assembly and was very close to reinstalling the engine and noticed a big crack in the side of the block. I repaired temperarely with a bit of jb weld..(don't hold it against me). Ran it this past weekend and ran fantastic other than an oil ring behind the boat when putting on trailer. I have ruled it out to two things which would cause this. Oil cooler failure or the worse... Crack in oil valley. Anyways I am about to purchase a brand new bowtie block and swap all of my internal components to the new one. My question is this.... Are there any cheap mods I can purchase while I am this deep in the engine that would give more HP without boring out the block and replacing pistons? I do plan on giving the heads a nice port and polish while out as well. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!
Old 07-24-2011, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it was the oil valley you would have milky oil every where. Double check oil pan for rot and the rear seal. Your block is probably ok.