K plane thru hull fitting question >

K plane thru hull fitting question

Notices

K plane thru hull fitting question

Old 07-23-2011, 11:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K plane thru hull fitting question

My k plane thru hull fittings just have what appears to be a female thread of unknown size/count. What type of male fiiting is suppose to go into the thru hull fitting and ram. I have looked at other k planes and they appear to use what looks like a tube with a flare fitting, but i just have standard threads on the inside of it. Nothing for a flare fitting to make a seal against. I have searched for hours trying to find what I need for inside and outside of the transom for the k planes, any input would be appreciated. thanks.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:15 AM
Registered

Received 1,819 Likes on 711 Posts
Default Mine are....

Originally Posted by showtime83
My k plane thru hull fittings just have what appears to be a female thread of unknown size/count. What type of male fiiting is suppose to go into the thru hull fitting and ram. I have looked at other k planes and they appear to use what looks like a tube with a flare fitting, but i just have standard threads on the inside of it. Nothing for a flare fitting to make a seal against. I have searched for hours trying to find what I need for inside and outside of the transom for the k planes, any input would be appreciated. thanks.
(I think)standard inverted flare, I think 1/4". You probably cannot see the flare portion recessed into the fittings. I just finished a restoration where I tried to shorten the lines to clean up the bilge and no one could do the 3/16's fittings on my lines (hoses are 3/16") so I used standard steel, automotive transmission lines. Worked like a *****.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My k-plane fittings were 3/16" inverted flare, both inside and out.

I too just used brake hardline for the lines. Worked out pretty good.