Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
2000 Fountain Battery conection ???? >

2000 Fountain Battery conection ????

Notices

2000 Fountain Battery conection ????

Old 07-24-2011, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Fountain Battery conection ????

Could someone please tell me what the connector is called that feeds the bateries from the cockpit?? I want to purchase an adapter. It is a standard 2000 32 Fountain and this connector is about 3 inches wide and 1 inch tall with 2 spade conectors inside.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jbpeterson1
Could someone please tell me what the connector is called that feeds the bateries from the cockpit?? I want to purchase an adapter. It is a standard 2000 32 Fountain and this connector is about 3 inches wide and 1 inch tall with 2 spade conectors inside.
you mean one of the grey rectagular anderson connectors ? if so, every marine store has them... along with every other type if that isn't it.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

And it's also the exact same connection used on many electric fork lift batteries.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Registered

This has been discussed numerous times in the Fountain forum ... you need the Anderson Qucik Connect plug, 175A, for 1AWG - 2AWG wire size. I built another set for a friend last year - bought the parts (plug, wire, clamps) online from genuinedealz dot com (part number GIM-62813 for the connector) and had them assemble the parts. Used their bulk 2 gauge paired/stranded wire and parrot jaw clamps. The finished product looks just like the one's from Fountain at about 1/3 the price.