Notices

7.4 mpi water in #4cly

Old 07-26-2011, 02:34 PM
jwp
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7.4 mpi water in #4cly

The other day I shut down my motor for 5 or 10 mins. went to start it up(it barely turned over)and I thought the starter let go (it clunked and spun) ... Got towed in, a few days later put a new starter in and clunk its frozen.. pulled the plugs and #4 poured water out. cranked the motor over a few times to blow it out. Then the next day pulled the riser and it had water pooled up in the front of the manifold... going to do a leak down today or tomorrow. compression was low on #4 but I'm hoping it was washed down. (got to 165) plan on trying again with a little oil.

Could cranking it over with the plugs out push water into the manifold on the exhaust stroke or did I pull some water in when I stopped?
Its a 237 powerquest the tips are probably like 4 inches off the water and maybe 3inch rise to the riser
Manifold is off going to pressure test it to make sure

Thanks in advance
Old 07-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Head gaskets are leaking, very likely. they pull water on the end cyls.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:42 PM
Registered

I had a weak CYL 2 it was sucking water into the cylinder. Replaced head gaskets all good now, good luck.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:39 AM
jwp
Registered
Gold Member

I did a leak down test last night and its blowing right pass the exhaust valve so I cant tell if its the head gasket. Could some how the valve pull water in or did the water hitting the hot valve mess it up.

Thanks for the replies