Notices

boat stall

Old 07-31-2011, 01:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boat stall

ok I'm having a issue with my boat stalling, fuel presure guage is at the 7 mark, I have a holly elctronic fuel pump. this is what happens started boat like normal, was letting it idel when I went back to my truck and I heard it quit got back on it and started right up, pulled away from the dock was ideling and it shut off again, tried to restart and it just turned over let it stil for a few min and it started up let it idel at a little higher rpm's and It did not quit put it back at idel and it ran for like 5 min then just shut off, now I turned the key and fuel pump kept running never shut off so I turned the key off tried to start nothing let it sit started right up, does this sound like the fuel presure regulator is not working, my fuel pump use to shut off after a few seconds with the key on, fuel pump still runs ,it's like when it idels the pump itself trips any help

Last edited by cowboy5214; 07-31-2011 at 01:30 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:10 PM
Registered

Is this a carb engine or injected
Old 07-31-2011, 08:11 PM
Registered

When was the fuel filter changed last
Old 07-31-2011, 08:21 PM
Registered

Check for a cracked hose, even a pin hole leak before the fuel pump. If it is drawing air it will cause all kinds of problems.