pachanga w 260hp/350ci  wanna freshen up >

pachanga w 260hp/350ci wanna freshen up

Notices

pachanga w 260hp/350ci wanna freshen up

Old 08-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up pachanga w 260hp/350ci wanna freshen up

Hello oso. I've had many boats and this is first speed boat. I got an alpha drive on her so I don't wanna go crazy with mods but I'm lookin to do head,cam and intake mod to get some more dependable power. Just replaced carb with edelbrock 600cfm to get rid of holly that was an auto carb but over winter wanna upgrade the top end. Had a bud say get vortec heads and edelbrock intake to match along with appropriate cam (which I dunno) and I should be able to get 330-350 horse out of it. From the searching around this forum there seems to be a lot of experts and if I can get some of your guys insight I would really appreciate it. I know I'm gonna have to baby it with the alpha but bravo isn't in the budget. When its time to go even faster after these mods its time for a new boat. Thanks guys
Old 08-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Registered

Hey Dcuzz,

I just did this all with my Pachanga 22, and I love it! I havent had it out long enough to know about drive issues with the Alpha, and honestly I was coming on this site right now just to see about choices for an upgrade I can tell you the top end hasnt changed all that much yet, but I was over revved at WOT (about 5100) on a 23P 3 blade SS Prop. My setup is mild, but enough for now.

Bored .060 over 4 Bolt Main SBC, Flat top pistons, new rods, new crank, bearings, high volume oil pump, vortec heads, self aligning rockers, Crane Cams .450/.450" cam, 284 Dur 116* split. edelbrock performer intake, Holley 600cfm marine carb, Stock thunderbolt IV ignition for now, new manifolds and elbows (gonna convert to headers) and all new gaskets and things everwhere.

Its a good ride, I GPSed at 63 on a decent day with a full tank and me. It may not be up to par with all the guys on here, but it works for me. The only hold up is my prop now. I am not the foremost expert on all things power, but I will help if you have questions. Good luck and have fun with her! I wish I were home to enjoy my Pachanga, stuck in Iraq for the 4th time lol.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

welcome to OSO. Great information.
If you post your Pachanga quesion in the SeaRay forum you will probably get better response.

The P22 is a great boat, I have owned two and loved them. They where ahead of there time.

First unless you change the stock exhaust manifolds you will be wasting money on any mod. Remember it takes allot of power to make an increase in speed. The Alpha will always be holding you back. These boats like the air and the landing is the hardest on them. Getting in the 330-350 range is going to be hard IMO from a 350 in a marine envirenment. I have been there done that.
Mine came with the 454 330hp Bravo. I changed exhaust, then cam and manifold and it was never enough. Spun a bearing because oil cooler was not large enough and ended up building an expensive 496. The only thing I used was the block from the stock engine. I could see 73-75 on GPS on a good day. Unless you have deep pockets enjoy the ride you have and spend it on gas and go boating.

Then I moved up to the P27 with build 454's (so I was told) I was handed 12K in reciepts for the engines and 6 weeks into it one engine had zero compression. Long story short both engines where junk. I could not even save the blocks because it would cost as much as brand new ones. I ended up buying 2 new marine 502's and taking them apart and changed the cams. Now it runs like a deer.

Last edited by 1BIGJIM; 08-03-2011 at 12:08 PM. Reason: SPELLING
Old 08-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Best bang for the buck...get a blower and take it easy.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm stupid on these things but even I know blower + alpha = BANG!
Old 08-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Registered

I have a friend who has been running a factory 454 alpha since new on his pachanga 22, bumps 72 and has never failed.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:50 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Build a mild 383, good heads, cam and exhaust.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Registered

thanks for the replies guys. you say you did the vortec heads cam and intake huh? im shooting for mild not wild which is why im looking to just do all top end stuff. i agree that a 383 would be the way to go but for protly 2g's i can protly due all these mods as with a 383 im shootin 3g's before dressin it. exhaust was gonna be my next question? whats out there? who makes what? definately would like to put headers on her.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:30 PM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by dcuzz23
thanks for the replies guys. you say you did the vortec heads cam and intake huh? im shooting for mild not wild which is why im looking to just do all top end stuff. i agree that a 383 would be the way to go but for protly 2g's i can protly due all these mods as with a 383 im shootin 3g's before dressin it. exhaust was gonna be my next question? whats out there? who makes what? definately would like to put headers on her.
http://www.custommarine.com/
Old 08-03-2011, 09:26 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

The 383 with stock heads and intake, new cam and exhaust may run better than the 350 with new heads, intake and cam. How many hours are on the 350 ?

Last edited by GPM; 08-03-2011 at 09:41 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.