Help Water in oil... Alot >

Help Water in oil... Alot

Notices

Help Water in oil... Alot

Old 08-03-2011, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Help Water in oil... Alot

Hi everyone, this is my first post. Need help. Built a new motor just put in and running and looks like water is erupting out of the breathers on the valve covers. Straight water not milky although the oil on the stick, filter, coller lines and all is milky. Used gen vi block all redone 088 heads with proper head gaskets. Cmi exhaust dry to the tip. I did reuse the oil cooler. I started the fresh motor up long enough to set the timing and wack it a few times till i noticed the water coming out the breathers. It kinda looked like someone put a garden hose in the block and let it run out the breathers. The motor ran great and didn't miss or anything. I pulled the plugs and no signs of water in cylinders. The motor has a good bit of compression and camshaft. Anyone have any ideas? Would putting the head gaskets in with the block off in the back off the block do this? I don't really see that it could. Anyhow any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it is coming out your breathers I am suprised it runs at all. Means your block is probably full of oil.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:12 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

At this point I don't think it matters. It could be any number of things but if you filled the block up with wter and ran it your gonna need to tear it down to look for damage now. Have the block checked for cracks and decks flat. Pressure test the block and heads and also the exhaust manifolds. Even though their dry to the tips they still have water in them and can crack. Sounds like you either blew a head gasket before starting with hose pressure, have a cracked manifold and have reversion, bad intake gasket or cracked block/head. IMO
Old 08-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have similar problem. I have 3hrs on my new motor and I am getting tan creamy oil spattering out the breathers. The oil in the crank case looks as clean as when I put it in.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:18 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Originally Posted by srl520
I have similar problem. I have 3hrs on my new motor and I am getting tan creamy oil spattering out the breathers. The oil in the crank case looks as clean as when I put it in.
Sounds like your not getting the block up to temp high enough to burn off condensation you need to get the temp up. Cooler is not always better. Not the problem hes having.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Put the thermostat back in to let it get up to temp. Hot oil gets up to the cold heads and the moisture condensates.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Registered

If there's monastery in the pan yet. . . Sounds like a cracked head, or a crack in the block. . . . Either way, it needs to be pulled.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Also check the water pressure in the block. If it gets higher than 12 pounds or so, water can creep by the intake gasket and make a mess of things. Don't ask me how I know.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by fireboatpilot
Sounds like your not getting the block up to temp high enough to burn off condensation you need to get the temp up. Cooler is not always better. Not the problem hes having.
What are you referring to up to temp. Runs 160 degrees with a 140 degree thermostat.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

This type of symptom can be from an improperly sealed intake also. Carefully remove the the intake and inspect at each water port for leaks. You are supposed to use a gasket sealer around all the water ports for just this reason.