New boating w/ toilet pump pressure issue >

New boating w/ toilet pump pressure issue

Notices

New boating w/ toilet pump pressure issue

Old 08-07-2011, 12:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New boating w/ toilet pump pressure issue

have a 1908 Scarab 377 and when I try to pump the toilet, i only get a very small amount of water go into it...and when i use the sink pump I get no water coming out of it...Is there a common problem I should be looking for? I filled the fresh water tank (though I havent located it yet), but I did locate the holding tank...
Old 08-07-2011, 06:49 AM
Registered

Did you look for a valve to open up ? I'm guessing there is some sort of valve between the holding tank and the toilet/sink. I have a ball valve located behind my toilet, and its always been closed (never used the toilet or sink in my Scarab). Keep searching.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

I didn't know boats had toilets in 1908..

MC
Old 08-25-2011, 08:44 PM
Registered

Only the 377 had a toilet in 1908. Seriously though, does the sink have an electric pump or is it a manual pump up? If it's a manual pump, there are seals that probably need replaced by now. If it's electric, there is a bowl that sometimes needs cleaned out because of scale,ect build up especially if water or rv antifreeze was allowed to dry out. Keep looking for that valve though.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by gare
Only the 377 had a toilet in 1908. Seriously though, does the sink have an electric pump or is it a manual pump up? If it's a manual pump, there are seals that probably need replaced by now. If it's electric, there is a bowl that sometimes needs cleaned out because of scale,ect build up especially if water or rv antifreeze was allowed to dry out. Keep looking for that valve though.
manual pump....and sorry everyone...1980 lol....
Old 08-26-2011, 06:19 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tmobileguy
manual pump....and sorry everyone...1980 lol....
My manual pump gets water from the lake at bottom of the boat, there is an inlet between the keel and the first strake. There is a ball valve on that inlet.

I have a fresh water system as well, but it is not hooked to the potty.....why flush with clean water