Notices

INFO ON 97 31s

Old 08-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INFO ON 97 31s

Hello,
Looking a the possibility of selling my 31 sonic and going to 97 31ao. Can anybody chime in and tell me what to expect. Any and all info would be great. I am in pa and boat on rivers and lakes fairly calm waters. I love the 97 31 with 502whips on oso.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Registered

I have a 98, what are you looking to find out?
Old 08-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

i AM LOOKING FOR ANY HELPFUL INFO. i HEARD THE 31 HAS A PORPOISE PROBLEM AROUND 70MPH. DOES YOURS??? HOW DOES IT TURN, HOW DOES IT RUN IN SMOOTH WATER. HOW MUCH DO YOU PAY A YEAR TO INSURE WHO WILL FINANCE ETC.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:46 AM
Registered

Everyone will tell you that any cat without a center pod will porpoise at a specific speed range and will change based on water conditions. Mine does it from about 75-85 depending on water conditions, three hops max usually. Flat water will make it worse. They seem to turn better with the props spinning out it depends on what you get used to, everyone has an opinion on the in or out. Not sure on financing right now. Insurance depends on what you have now and who you are insured through and what power the boat has.