anyone know this 87-311 in Toledo? >

anyone know this 87-311 in Toledo?

Notices
Formula

anyone know this 87-311 in Toledo?

Old 08-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default anyone know this 87-311 in Toledo?

Looks "a bit" rough. Nice bottom paint, who the hell does that? Definately means it sat in the water a lot! Anyone know, it is in Toledo.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would pass on any performance boat with bottom paint!
Old 08-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by on the edge
I would pass on any performance boat with bottom paint!
I am just wondering what else is wrong with it. The bottom paint is bad, but it can be rectified. Might be a fun project if the wood isn't gon.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:14 AM
Registered

Found it on CraigsList

http://monroemi.craigslist.org/boa/2524507721.html
Old 08-14-2011, 08:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DieselWeasel
Yep, that is where I saw it also. Still waiting on a reply on details, but thought it may be worth asking about here. Seems people here know many of the formulas and thier history. If someone here has personally seen it or knows something about it, that can effect the buying decission. Seems cheap.

Brian
Old 08-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Registered

OH! LoL... I thought you may have taken the picture because you saw it for sale... You didnt mention seeing it actually for sale.

Oh and if you DO buy it, hit the guy that over-posted the hell out of it ALL OVER CraigsList in the hand with a tack hammer! That is so annoying and rude!
Old 08-14-2011, 08:37 PM
Registered

It's kept at Pier 75 and it's a 30 footer in more ways than one. You need to stand back about 30 feet for it to look decent. Maybe if they dropped a zero off the price it might be worth it.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by c_deezy
It's kept at Pier 75 and it's a 30 footer in more ways than one. You need to stand back about 30 feet for it to look decent. Maybe if they dropped a zero off the price it might be worth it.
yeah, I dated some girls like that in college, but being an engineering student, didn't have many options! Got an email back from the gentleman when I asked about the stringers and bulkhead, response was "I have not had a formal survey done but to my knowledge the wood on the boat is all in solid condition." I heard the same from another and it turned out to be visibly rotted. He has only had it two years. Seems a bit scary even with the discounted price of $12k and 400 hrs.

sorry Diesel, guess I should have posted the link in OP.

should have been faster on that one in Zeeland. Another option is at least Car Biz's sounds solid or.....
go to the other extreme and look at a 90's 252 BR!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Registered

Bringing up one from the past... this boat is now on ebay in Mishawaka, Indiana.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORMU...orcev4exp=true

Like others, I often just browse to see what formula's are out there, and I have been gazing now long enough that I am seeing some of them come back up.

This one stood out originally as it looks nice in the ebay add. But as I went through the pictures, the fuzzy one of it sitting on a storage rack and the picture of the trailer immediately reminded me that I had seen it before. When I contacted the guy in Toledo, the trailer pic was one of the one he had sent me. I wonder what he ended up selling it for?

One year later and it is now back up for sale, looks nicer in the pics now anyways. zero hours on the engines huh? manifolds look iffy, maybe it is just the camera? Bilge looks full of nasty stuff for zero hours......

Will be interesting to see what it sells for. Maybe he dumped a bunch of money in it and it is worth it now, who knows.

Brian
Old 09-18-2012, 09:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by befu
Bringing up one from the past... this boat is now on ebay in Mishawaka, Indiana.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORMU...orcev4exp=true

Like others, I often just browse to see what formula's are out there, and I have been gazing now long enough that I am seeing some of them come back up.

This one stood out originally as it looks nice in the ebay add. But as I went through the pictures, the fuzzy one of it sitting on a storage rack and the picture of the trailer immediately reminded me that I had seen it before. When I contacted the guy in Toledo, the trailer pic was one of the one he had sent me. I wonder what he ended up selling it for?

One year later and it is now back up for sale, looks nicer in the pics now anyways. zero hours on the engines huh? manifolds look iffy, maybe it is just the camera? Bilge looks full of nasty stuff for zero hours......

Will be interesting to see what it sells for. Maybe he dumped a bunch of money in it and it is worth it now, who knows.

Brian
I thought same thing about engine cosmetics, until I noticed date on pictures, but you would think he would have taken new pics!!!??? same as bilge... I would hope its cleaner after new engines...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.