need some marine blower cam help.  engine builders inside >

need some marine blower cam help. engine builders inside

Notices

need some marine blower cam help. engine builders inside

Old 08-11-2011, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts
Default need some marine blower cam help. engine builders inside

i am currently in the process of refreshing the twin sbc in my 28ft cigarette, i have a static cr of 8.25:1 dart iron eagle heads 180cc intakes on a 4inch bore stock 3.48 stroke, running stainless marine exhaust, blowers are weiand 142 plan on running about 8lbs, looking for a hydraulic cam that will be suitable for the blowers but still sound good at idle, the motors used to be 10:1 na motors with solid roller setups with a heathy cams and dont really want to loose the sound at idle

i have an idea around what specs id use its just i come from the automotive world and i know the marine world it way different.

thanks for any help
Old 08-11-2011, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by b18cls1
i am currently in the process of refreshing the twin sbc in my 28ft cigarette, i have a static cr of 8.25:1 dart iron eagle heads 180cc intakes on a 4inch bore stock 3.48 stroke, running stainless marine exhaust, blowers are weiand 142 plan on running about 8lbs, looking for a hydraulic cam that will be suitable for the blowers but still sound good at idle, the motors used to be 10:1 na motors with solid roller setups with a heathy cams and dont really want to loose the sound at idle

i have an idea around what specs id use its just i come from the automotive world and i know the marine world it way different.

thanks for any help

sound at idle... now THERE'S a critical and defining technical spec to chose a camshaft with...

i know it's an alien concept but how about talking to RM builder and get the RIGHT cam for the mechanical combination and the sound is what it happens to be...
Old 08-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

Thats why i asked for engine builders input. Ill deal with whatever sound i get just wold like to keep the lope. I mean i can cut a cam on a lsl lobe or a xer lobe and have the same power band but one lobe is going to chop a little more. Or whether i cut it on a 115 lsa or a 113 will change the sound. I want the best cam for what i have and ill deal with it