4.3L v6 to 5.7 V8 >

4.3L v6 to 5.7 V8

Notices

4.3L v6 to 5.7 V8

Old 08-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.3L v6 to 5.7 V8

Hello everyone, i was directed from iboats.com to search for info hear from a member, hopefully you guys can help. I have a mid 90's mariah 18' boat that came with a 180hp chevy 4.3L v6. Eventhough i have a lot of respect for the 4.3L motor, very solid / bullet proof, our engine never made much power. 2 years ago the block cracked from in proper winterizing therefore I now have a rebuilt 5.7L motor ready to go in but I need a distributor. I sold my thunderbolt 4 distributor. My wiring has a flat plug that went into the 7 pin connector into the thunderbolt distributor. Please let me know what I need / where I can buy a distributor for my 5.7L engine.

Thanks
Scott 262-719-4047
Old 08-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Thunderbolt distributors are the same for a V6 and a V8. Just change the wheel under the rotor with the v6 or v8 wheel. Change the caps too of course.
Hope that helps a little.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Dennis - Unfortunately I sold the distributor since I figured the V6 would not be the same as the V8. I was also told that the V8 had roughly 20 degrees of advancement where as the v6 had a lot less. The forum will not let me post an add in the swap section. Does anyone know where I can find a Thunderbolt IV distributor? See my picture of the v6 distributor that I need a v8 distributor to replace - goal is to find one with a connector such that I do not have to cut the wire harness
Old 08-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I have a spare.

Send me an email to [email protected] and I can send you a pic this evening. Looks like the exact same connections.

Spend the couple of $$ and become a member.