1990 Larson Senza 210LX Questions >

1990 Larson Senza 210LX Questions

Notices

1990 Larson Senza 210LX Questions

Old 08-23-2011, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow 1990 Larson Senza 210LX Questions

Hello everyone...I just purchased a 90 Larson Senza 210LX project boat for me and my 4 yr old son to fix up over the winter. It has the 454 with a bravo one which must have been pretty rare for this boat from the research that I have been doing. The boat was in previous owners family since new but has been sitting since 2000. I put a new battery in it and planned on draining fuel and going through carb, etc but cranked it over first and to my surprise the thing fired right up. I plan on doing fuel filters, tune up, fluid changes, etc. Is there any other maintenance that I should worry about before putting it on the lake? I have had boats before but never big blocks or bravo one drives. What kind of speeds should I expect out of this thing. It has through hull exhaust which scared the crap out of my boy when it started up in the garage, lol. Thanks guys
Old 08-26-2011, 10:38 AM
Registered

Nobody has any info on this boat?
Old 08-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Registered

i would rebuild that entire carb whether it fired right up or not if it has been sitting 11 years, all its takes is some partially plugged up jets and you can run it lean and hurt the motor.

i would also check all the bellows to look for cracks if it sat that long they may need to be replaced

as for other things to check, its the same stuff as a small block with an alpha behind it would have, so being a BBC with a bravo doesnt add any special maintenance things to it. just hit all the grease fitting, ETC and you should be good.

i would also get a service manual for it so you know how to work on things if you need to start fixing some things
Old 08-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Change impeller and belts too. Check the rubber bellows in the drive, I would change it. If it fails, you sink. Check all tiedowns and clamps and everyting else rubber. Even though it'll fire now, drain the fuel, it's no good. You run the risk of detonation when putting rpms and load on the engine. I quess you'll check the ignition system too, distributer and all. Run a good quelity fuel in it. I would run 91.

Good luck with it.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Registered

Default These are a good boat

I had the little brother to yours. I had a 1989 190 LX Senza with a 5.7 alpha one. Good quality boat. It was Larson's attempt at a performance boat to run with the Scarabs, Liberators, Pachanga's, and Formula's. With your power combination, you might see 60 to 65 miles per hour. Good luck sir!
Old 09-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Registered

I had a 1991 that was a great boat. 350 Mag Alpha drive. Ran low to mid 50's. Very solid boat.

If you provide your e-Mail address I can send you the brochure from 1991. It is to big to post.

I would follow the above advice closley.

Last edited by aven2rus; 09-09-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Registered

Thanks for the pics. That looks good in the water. I sent you a pm with my email address to send that brochure to. I can't wait to get this on the water and try it out.