Formula

Who's gonna be first to come pick it up? - 382 FasTech

Old 09-29-2011, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's gonna be first to come pick it up? - 382 FasTech

POSTED ON OSO CLASSIFIEDS:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o42138-en.html

Due to a new job and subsequent move, I am forced to sell my much loved 1999 Formula 382 FasTech. This is an amazing boat that my wife and I have owned and enjoyed since Feb 2010. This boat is extremely comfortable and roomy. It will handle a 3-4 foot chop in complete comfort. A new 382 FasTech from Formula with similar options will run you WELL over $400K (check for yourself, build your boat @ http://www.formulaboats.com/). You can get this boat at a fraction of the cost and it looks just like new.
I purchased the boat with just over 200 hours from a dealer in California in Feb 2010. I transported it to Louisiana, registered it and have it Coast Guard Documented.
This boat has the following options installed:
• Pair of 500HP Mercury Racing Engines.
• Stellings extension boxes which greatly improves the ride and handling.
• Low water pickup Bravo 1 Performance outdrives.
• Vacuflush head in good working condition. Holding tank with Macerator pump and pumpout connection (Y-valve).
• Fresh water system. Holding tank with pump which supplies the sink, head, and fresh water shower at the transom.
• Shore power system.
• AC/DC refrigerator. No need to bring a cooler!
• Custom stereo all MB Quart Marine (see below for more details)
• Upgraded OEM paint scheme with color shifting paint.
• Removable snap carpet. Removable snap carpet protector in cabin.
• Snap on cockpit cover with 2 snap-in adjustable poles.
• Full cover that wraps down the sides of the boat (add’l sun protection).
• OEM fitted terry bed cover with embroidered Formula logo.
• OEM McLeod bolster seats with electric adjustable seat bottoms and electric foot rests (very comfortable).
• High end LED bow light with 1 mile visibility rating (I don’t trust bulbs for box lights).
• Removable towing pylon.
• VHF radio w/antenna.
• The props are Mercury Racing 4 Blade 26 pitch with no scratches, dings, or bends.
The condition of the boat is excellent. The seats are all clean and in great shape (always treated with 3M or 303). The carpet is all clean (no stains) and in great condition. The cockpit cover and full cover are in good condition (no sun damage). The gel coat is shiny (always waxed) and the paint is very good. As expected there are a few very minor scratches and dings in a couple spots but nothing at all major.
The stereo is a custom installation by one of the best installers in the Baton Rouge area (Inside Connections by Joe Magnolia). I have over $6K invested in the stereo. It has custom speaker pods as you can see in the pics. They are fiberglass and painted House of Colour TruBlu pearl to match the interior accents. Four Marine Amps (MB Quart & Kenwood), four marine 6.25” coaxials (MB Quart), four marine 6x9 coaxials (MB Quart), two marine 10” subwoofers (MB Quart), plus the OEM cabin speakers. The subwoofer box was built entirely with marine StarBoard™, stainless steel screws and all seams sealed up with 3M marine adhesive. All wiring, breaker, and distribution blocks are very high quality Stinger brand. The head unit is Alpine CDA-105 with IPod/IPhone input and RF band waterproof remote control. You can stand next to the boat in the water and adjust the stereo! I am not joking when I tell you that this stereo sounds great and looks great!
In the time I have owned the boat (since 2-2010) the following work has been completed:
 Fully rebuilt the Starboard Engine. The work was done by one of the best high-perf marine shops in Louisinana (David Wade Marine). The engine work was conducted by one of the best engine builders in the state (Womaks in Denham Springs, LA). Both of these shops specialize in high performance applications. It was fully upgraded with the best ComCams valves springs. The rebuild itself was using stock parts (ie: no engine mods). Hours since rebuild is 75. Runs smooth and strong with no issues.
 Top end rebuilt on the Port Engine. The bottom end was inspected and found to be in fantastic condition. The engine work was done by the same engine builder. It also was fully upgraded with top of the line CompCams valve springs. The rebuild itself was using stock parts (ie: no engine mods). Hours since rebuild is 87. Runs smooth and strong with no issues.
 Both OEM carburetors (Holley) were rebuilt with Holly brand rebuild kits. They are tuned perfectly. The engines start strong with the flip of the key.
 The Starboard outdrive was fully rebuilt by David Wade Marine. This was due to some fishing line that got into the prop (no fish tho ). All bearings were inspected/replaced, lower seals were replaced (pressure tested). Gears were inspected and found no signs of pitting or fatigue.
 Brand new trim indicator cables and outdrive indicator cables. Dash indicators work perfectly.
 Brand new deep cycle marine batteries (Exide).
 Brand new raw water pumps on both engines and new circulating pump on port engine.
 New Teague Marine polished stainless 4” exhaust tips on both engines (sounds amazing!). Tips have internal check valves to prevent water reversion.
Completely rebuilt trailer in the spring of 2011:
• Fully stripped and repainted by an auto body professional. Paint is Toyota “VooDoo Blue” to match the boat accents. All welds are smoothed for a slick look.
• All new bearings packed with high grade marine grease. All bearings have high quality double lip grease seals which prevent leakage.
• Trailer is a Hoss brand tri-axle trailer with sealed (pressurized) beams to prevent water ingress. This is a great feature and is somewhat rare. No chance of internal rusting!
• The axles are 5200-7000lb rated with heavy duty 8 lug hubs.
• New bearing buddies on all wheel s to prevent water contamination.
• New aluminum diamond plate fenders. These very strong for standing, and are easily removable for easy tire access/maintenance.
• All new 16 gauge wiring looped for better conductance and backup protection.
• All new LED lights (marker, tail, and license).
• Electric/Hydraulic brake actuator (Carlisle brand) completely rebuilt, re-wired, and re-tubed.
• New breakaway battery box with test lights and breakaway cable (this is DOT requirement).
• New high capacity winch strap.
• New Shelby brand 8000lb capacity square tube jack which is integrated into the frame.
• New safety chains and eyelet chain.
• Full Size Spare tire.
• All 7 tires have lots of tread and in good shape (no cupping or unusual wear).
• The wheel brakes are hydraulic disk brakes (Kodiak 225). These are very high $ and high capacity. All new seals/dust boots/ and fittings. Rotors are separate from the hubs so brakes can be removed without removing the bearings.
• All in all over $7K (and a lot of time) spent on trailer overhaul. It tows great and was done right to last many years. The boat loads very easily which is a nice feature for a large boat. The brakes stop it very well which takes all of the wear/tear off the brakes of the tow vehicle.
Also included with the sale is the following (ie: ready for the water!):
 10 life preservers (1 throwable, 6 standard orange type and 3 vest type – all adult)
 4 brand new huge 10” fenders with new ropes, 4 smaller fenders with ropes
 4 brand new color matching dock lines (heavy duty, high quality, 3 standard length, 1 spring line) + 4 additional dock lines (8 lines total).
 All fire extinguishers. 2 portable and 1 thermal activated engine room plus halon system.
 Shore Power electrical cables: one standard twist type connection + one standard 110V 3 prong.
 Danforth style Anchor with 50’ anchor line.
 2 drive showers: stainless fittings and stainless braided hoses (not yet installed).
Here is some additional information as well:
HIN TNRD7878G899
Engine Model HP 500
Displacement 502 CID
Max WOT RPM 4800-5200
Spark Plugs AC-MR43T
Plug Gap 0.035"
Fuel Octane Req'd 87
Engine Oil SAE 40 SH/CD (diesel grade)
Cyl Firing Order 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2
Engine Serial # OL 41478 (Gen +)
Transom Serial # 0L503866
Drive Serial Number 0L426968

Email me at [email protected]
Old 09-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Registered

As the redneck at the gas station always says.....

How fast does that thing go?

How much fuel does it hold?

My buddy has a boat like that.

I've been thinking about getting me one of those.

Bet that thing cost half a million dollars.

Someone will be getting a great boat in excellent shape. Wish mine was so clean....
Old 09-29-2011, 09:31 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Very nice!!! Good luck with the sale

Craig
Old 09-29-2011, 09:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kieffer4
As the redneck at the gas station always says.....

How fast does that thing go?

How much fuel does it hold?

My buddy has a boat like that.

I've been thinking about getting me one of those.

Bet that thing cost half a million dollars.

Someone will be getting a great boat in excellent shape. Wish mine was so clean....

LOL!
Anyone who has ever pulled into a gas station with a 38 knows this is the truth. Love it.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been around this boat and can vouch that its in great shape mechanically and cosmetically. Great boat.

Good luck with the sale bro, if Jenn wasn't still in school I'd be very tempted.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Registered

nice boat.....i live down the road from where the boat stays....he keeps the boat in great shape....can you write my ad for me when i put my boat up for sale...
Old 09-30-2011, 08:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MrSneakAttack
nice boat.....i live down the road from where the boat stays....he keeps the boat in great shape....can you write my ad for me when i put my boat up for sale...
Thanks for the compliments. A couple of us are running Sat if you're interested....?
Old 09-30-2011, 08:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jmeng
I've been around this boat and can vouch that its in great shape mechanically and cosmetically. Great boat.

Good luck with the sale bro, if Jenn wasn't still in school I'd be very tempted.
Thanks John! Gonna have to get yall out for a ride before it sells. With luck we'll have some chop on the lake to make the 382 happy!