Is the 223SS undesirable?

Notices
Formula

Is the 223SS undesirable?

Old 10-07-2011, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the 223SS undesirable?

I just bought one used about a month ago and I really like this thing. Searching the web I see almost nothing on this model. The entire internet spanning the entire planet earth I get about 3 hits on this model.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Don't think so...different flavor over the LS. I couldn't really get over the deck lenght between the too...always liked the LS as far as profile looks (think LS will give you a better c.o.g. and a TINY bit more speed because of that). But you cannot compare the HUGE cockpit layout in the SS as far as jamming a bunch of people and stuff in comfortably. AWESOME layout if you are bringing more than a couple people with you...just depends on what you need
Old 10-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Registered

Agreed on the cockpit. It is positively huge. We had 6 people and 120 quart cooler on board heading to the Jaguar game two weeks ago. Plenty of room. Speed is not a factor as my SS is already faster than is safe with a 502. I also prefer the looks of the ls but there are just so few good 22 footers available and I didn't feel like traveling.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

223 ss is a great boat, had one for years and loved it for all of the reasons mentioned. Everything about that boat always impressed me. Formula builds a good product.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Registered

Years ago when I first starting looking at Formulas, I didn't have any interest in a SS model, just wanted an LS.

Thinking about it a lot more, I changed my opinion and now appreciate the SS model as a much more usable, people friendly cockpit plan. The SunSport concept has developed into what is now, IMO, the best cockpit design on the market, ergo my purchasing the 260 SS. Everyone may differ on their needs but to me the SS design really shines!
Old 10-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes its less desirable then the LS model, yes it is funtional for some, most want the large sunpad and sporty styling, but families wanted the larger cockpit for kids and such,
Old 10-08-2011, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The vintage SR-1's, SS's, and LS's are highly sought after. They were built extremely well. People that have them in mint condition aren't willing to let them go. They hold on to them. For a 22 foot boat it will handle a lot better then most boats of similar size and some even which are bigger.

OSO is your best bet to find out anything for the boat. You can search this Forum especially, but also do a general search on all forums.