Need upholstery spec

Notices
Formula

Need upholstery spec

Old 11-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need upholstery spec

Does anyone know that the soft fabric upholstery is that Formula used on the cabin seats and v-berth cushions in the mid-80s? My 84 F3 has this and I'm seriously thinking about using this material in my '81 255.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jordan...try calling Scott in customer service at Formula. He MIGHT know.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Fabric question

http://www.ultrafabricsllc.com

This is the link to the mfg

It is ultraleather. It is a synthetic washable durable fabric product. Good luck
Old 11-11-2011, 02:00 AM
Registered

Fossil, it's a very soft fabric with a nap, not a vinyl type material. We made the decision to go with vinyl over a foam lining on the ceiling and walls, and vinyl for the facing seats. We just bought a nice light neutral fabric for the v-berth cushions from a closeout fabric store in Norwalk Ohio ($5/yard).

Sprink, I emailed Formula and they don't have any details or sources for that original mid-80s fabric. We're going with vinyl anyway so it's a moot point.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Registered

Default Ultrasuede

For anybody else looking it was Ultrasuede. I just had my 353 V-birth cushions recovered with it. I added 2 ½” of memory foam on top of the existing cushion and then covered the whole thing. They cut the bottom vinyl out w/zipper and reused it so if I ever need new foam I can still use the cover. I did it in Ritz – Silver. If you spend any time sleeping on your boat this makes the v-birth very comfortable.
http://www.glfi.com/ringbook_ritz.htm
Old 11-22-2011, 10:42 PM
Registered

I visited a local fabric supply house that had the Ritz ultra suede, and it definitely is not close to what is on my F3. The ultrasuede nap is almost non existent compared to the Formula stuff. Two upholstery shops that looked at my seat said that stuff has no been available for many years, which jives with what Formula told me. There must have been some reason that it was discontinued, but I still like it. We'll go with a very soft/pliable vinyl on the bench seats with a medium-density foam that feels cushy on the butt.