Lake Ontario Poker Runs for October >

Lake Ontario Poker Runs for October

Notices

Lake Ontario Poker Runs for October

Old 11-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Ontario Poker Runs for October

I don't suppose there is a run anywhere on Lake Ontario this weekend eh? That'd be November btw!!! I thought it was worth asking ;-)

When is the last scheduled run of the season? A link to a calendar would do nicely. Sorry - post # 1 - I'm new!!!

Last edited by jjennifer428; 11-08-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:56 AM
Registered

The Eagle Creek Marina Run in Kendall, NY is the latest run that I know about. It will be Aug 25 2012.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/p...gle-creek.html
Old 11-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Registered

Not sure if your on the Canadian or American side, but there is a Poker Run at Rice Lake in September just up from Toronto.

performanceboatclub.ca has the information on that and a few other runs in Ontario.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Having lived within spitting distance of Lake Ontario for my whole life, I can tell you that just about nobody's still out there after mid-October. I packed it in in early October. The water just gets too cold and rough after the end of September. If you're still out there, I hope you have a radio!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jjennifer428
I don't suppose there is a run anywhere on Lake Ontario this weekend eh? That'd be November btw!!! I thought it was worth asking ;-)

When is the last scheduled run of the season? A link to a calendar would do nicely. Sorry - post # 1 - I'm new!!!
Lake Ontario in November ???

You have to wear a jacket in August the water is so cold.

Get your skates sharpened instead of thinking boating.

Like was said ....Rice Lake is the last significant run around here each year.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:19 PM
Registered

So I guess the consensus is it's unlikely there was a bunch of cigarette boats out on Lake Ontario competing in a poker run this weekend!
Old 11-17-2011, 07:36 AM
Registered

Default Dry Suit

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
Having lived within spitting distance of Lake Ontario for my whole life, I can tell you that just about nobody's still out there after mid-October. I packed it in in early October. The water just gets too cold and rough after the end of September. If you're still out there, I hope you have a radio!
I was out on the Lake Ontario Last weekend (Nov 12-13). I was wearing a $1300 Mustang Dry Suit. Water temp was 48. You can expect to survive in that water for 30-45 minutes without one. This time of year, if you want to see offshore boats, book a trip to Key West or Lake Havasu.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Coastie
I was out on the Lake Ontario Last weekend (Nov 12-13). I was wearing a $1300 Mustang Dry Suit. Water temp was 48. You can expect to survive in that water for 30-45 minutes without one. This time of year, if you want to see offshore boats, book a trip to Key West or Lake Havasu.
Yupper! That's why my boat was in the barn for the winter just before Halloween. I don't even tempt Lake Ontario. And when you guys go out in this kind of weather, my hat's off to you!
Old 11-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Registered

My group actually does quite a bit of running on Ontario in September, the wind actually dies down then on the lake. October 7-10th Columbus Weekend we had 9 boats running the east end in and around Oswego...I put on 150+ miles.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Coastie
Oh my! Were you racing or just fishing!?!?!?

You should post some pictures of that adventure.

Oh wait - maybe you are with the Coast Guard!!! You might have been working

Last edited by jjennifer428; 11-22-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.