Notices
Formula

292 coming up on plane?

Old 11-25-2011, 04:55 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 292 coming up on plane?

Right about the time my bow drops over i get what I would call prop chatter. But a slight vibration, last about 5 seconds.

You guys have this?

LC
Old 11-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Possible loose motor mounts on one or both engines?

Not trying to Captain Obvious here but did you check the prop nuts and tabs?
Old 11-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

loose or bend prop shaft or blade..
Old 11-25-2011, 08:19 PM
Registered

No, I don't and have never seen that. This is going to be hard to figure out over the internet. Its odd that it does it as the boat levels off not when its under full load coming out of the water. How are your gimbal bearings? coupler maybe its slipping while coming out of the water then when load on it is reduced it vibrates as it locks up.

If when it starts, if you back off the throttles a little to hold that angle/ position will the vibration last longer ?

Last edited by Expensive Date; 11-25-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Just bought boat. So I haven't had drives off to check g.b.s or cupler splines. Props are tight, tabs are tight. No other vibrations present, boat runs like a dream. Motor mounts look tight, haven't put a wrench to them. I thought it maybe the st under the swim step, or the boarding ladder cover. I guess next time out I will load each motor up in forward to verify it's not a coupler. Only 140 hrs so I hope it's nothing serious. Sure would hate to have to pull a motor this winter, did that last year on my other boat.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:24 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
loose or bend prop shaft or blade..
Any way to check prop shaft wo having to take apart drive? Props spin freely wo contacting housing while on trailer..

I have a video of me planing out, You ca hear what I think is the root cause to the vib....
Old 11-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by looseconnection
Any way to check prop shaft wo having to take apart drive? Props spin freely wo contacting housing while on trailer..

I have a video of me planing out, You ca hear what I think is the root cause to the vib....

Post it that will help. Are you sure it not just your props blowing out? 292s will do this.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:56 PM
Registered
VIP Member

May be blow out, I have not exp it before. Only other twins i have driven are sportsfisherman or outboard fishing boats. I might not be driving it correctly, only 2 hours under my ownership and 2 hours during sea trial. I am uploading vid now but audio is not what I thought it would be. and its just before bow dropping, while under load looking back, so coupler may be a real possibility. Kinda sounds like splines but rpm's are solid so who knows. Lets hope for blow out, lol.

LC
Old 11-25-2011, 10:57 PM
Registered

292s like to come on plane a certain way. Tabs all the way down, as the bow starts to level off start bringing the tabs up then trim to neutral. which is when the drive is verticail withe the imaginary line from the bottom of the first step to the transom. Use a string and check on the trailer so you know where it is on the gauge. It could be anything could also be a u-joint thats not a lot of hours for an 03.

Here is a video of mine coming on plane at about 30 sec.

http://www.youtube.com/user/fertilit...43/liVGPDXolco
Old 11-26-2011, 07:25 AM
Registered

I used to get a little bit of prop slip coming on plane when I first got my 292. Boat would shake a little coming out of the whole. Chalked it up to inexperience and not knowing the boat. I realized that I was getting on the throttles to hard at first. After more seat time, you learn what the boat likes and wants to do. Can't go hammer down right away, not recommended and the boat just doesn't like it. I just have to ease her up on plane. Incremental adjustments. I don't pass 3/4 throttle before backing her back down to crusing speed.

Like expensive said, tabs down drives down, as the bow drops, pull tabs up and trim up to neutral.

It's a fun boat. Just spend some time playing around with her. Just like any girl, you'll figure out what she likes eventually... just in time to go out and find a new one!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.