Paid for Drakes and TRS dry risers. Never Received >

Paid for Drakes and TRS dry risers. Never Received

Notices

Paid for Drakes and TRS dry risers. Never Received

Old 11-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 1,481 Likes on 802 Posts
Default Paid for Drakes and TRS dry risers. Never Received

Anyone ever hear of the ebay user "retromachine1970" or goes by the name of "Mark Vasilopoulos". Located in NC. I bought and paid for a set of Drake manifolds and dry risers from him the end of May and never received them. Had some communication at first and then he suddenly vanished. I excepted the, out of town thing and then computer hard drive crash but now just no response.
Paid 500.00 via paypay May 30th, however went well beyond the dispute time.

Thanks guys,
John

Also may go by "micro machine"

Last edited by getrdunn; 11-27-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:54 AM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

My gut says you may have been had by none other than Mark Prince probably using an alias????? Lots of little similarities in description.

If it is him, lots of guys on here have been ripped off by him and his bro. they are real POS's.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scarabman
My gut says you may have been had by none other than Mark Prince probably using an alias????? Lots of little similarities in description.

If it is him, lots of guys on here have been ripped off by him and his bro. they are real POS's.
Thanks for the unfortunate insight. I just looked over some intial emails and he had mentioned that he had a lot of TRS parts, drives, trannies, etc. from an old race boat that he was converting to outboards. Any additional help would be helpful. Should I assume he does or does not belong to OSO. Also would assume that if he does he is one of the frequent name changers. lol..

Thanks again,
John

PS The last correspondence I had from Mark was on August 17th and stated:

"No worries. The exhaust was sitting in his office and that he got tied up with some unexpected issues however he would have someone package the goods up and get them shipped out by weeks end".
Old 11-29-2011, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Thanks for the unfortunate insight. I just looked over some intial emails and he had mentioned that he had a lot of TRS parts, drives, trannies, etc. from an old race boat that he was converting to outboards. Any additional help would be helpful. Should I assume he does or does not belong to OSO. Also would assume that if he does he is one of the frequent name changers. lol..

Thanks again,
John

PS The last correspondence I had from Mark was on August 17th and stated:

"No worries. The exhaust was sitting in his office and that he got tied up with some unexpected issues however he would have someone package the goods up and get them shipped out by weeks end".
Use this forum search and just type in "prince". There is a lot of reading and you may find some similarities to your situation. And if it is the same guy/guys, there is also some contact info, although it is old. The 2 brothers move around alot, as my guess is they get run out of town. My first encounter with them was when they were living in NY.

Sorry I cant be of more help.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sorry to hear

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with a dead beat. We have some TRS drives and parts that just came in on a scarab that is being converted. Give us a call if you still needs parts.

Proroc, Inc.
332 Mantoloking Road
Brick, NJ 08723
732-477-7039
Old 11-30-2011, 01:44 AM
Dee
Registered

Default sorry about your loss

I have 2 TRS complete gimbals in/out very clean. I switched over to Bravo set up will let them go cheap. email me if interested [email protected]
Old 11-30-2011, 02:49 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Your best bet is to contact ebay, directly through the phone.. Tell them you need his info, that you are going to press charges/ going to file a suit against him for cleaning you out of your money... Show them or give them that pay pal transaction number.. Sorry that this ******* burnt you.. He does live or so it says in NC... Good luck

John
Old 11-30-2011, 10:14 AM
Registered

Thanks for the input guys. I should never have let it get this far without taking action however I had an extremely busy summer as well as some unexpected surgeries that obsorbed much of my time as well as ability to work on my project boat. I just forwarded my attorney all the info. He loves to take on this kind of fraud as he does a lot of purchasing online also.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

John

Are you still looking for a set of trs risers? I think I talked to you about two set of TRS risers that I have in my shop. I still have them if you are still interested or looking for a set. Just let me know.

brian