View Full Version : Looking for car door style trim for fiberglass edges

12-15-2011, 08:51 AM
I'm not even sure what this stuff is actually called, but I've seen it used on several boats, around cut edges like cabin door openings and consoles. Its like a plastic/rubber C channel type trim similar to what you would find on the edge of your truck door.

Any idea what this stuff is actually called and where I can buy it?


The Buda
12-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Try looking on They seem to have any type of edge protector or seal that you may need.

08 fastech 292
12-15-2011, 11:55 AM
I have used door edge guards from Auto Zone for the same thing. The only draw back might be the length since I think the longest they come is 42".

12-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Most places I found only offered the size I needed in 250ft. rolls. I ended up finding it at McMaster Carr by the foot.

12-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Tjer is a place on oklahoma city called Trumans appolstry. Thats were we buy it. May be cheaper than mcmaster...

12-15-2011, 10:30 PM

12-16-2011, 12:29 AM
Pinch welt.

This stuff would work good for about 1/8" to 1/4".

12-23-2011, 08:55 PM
I think I know the stuff you are talking about It's like a vinyl c channel that you push on and its flexable. Go on McMaster- carr web site Ibought about 50' there in white

12-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Hate to say it but J.C. Whitney has it in several colors, lengths and shapes.

12-29-2011, 01:06 AM
Contact your local Sherwin-Williams Automotive Paint Store they can get rolls in different lenths and colors (i.e. chrome, Black, etc.)