Classified Scammers.....

Notices

Classified Scammers.....

Old 01-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classified Scammers.....

Anyone with anything for sale in the classifieds beware of any interest from anyone out of the country.
Especially if they are offering anything that involves paying them or anyone else with the money they are sending.
Probably nothing new to many of you guys, but It never ceases to amaze me how much time and effort scumbags will put into scams.

"Erik Welsh [email protected]" contacted me. obviously a bs name but just a heads up.
I did a quick search of his email address through google and several OSO posts came up!

I haven't let him know I know what's up yet. Any suggestions? I can't imagine any way to stop these scumbags.

Here is an example of what he's saying to me. Has pretty broken english for a guy who says he is from England! lol.

Date: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 10:44 AM

Mike

Thanks for getting back to me. I will offer you $60000.00 for it and i will like to inform you that i will be having our local transporters to come to your location for a test drive process on the boat and moreover I will have to make a down payment to you so as to make you reserve the boat for me for not getting it sold to other interested buyer's till the test drive and the sale will be done as it would take time to get all of that done

I will make a down payment of $4000 and also I will include the test drive fees which will cost for $3000 and mind you I want the payment made out to you by check and also as soon as the funds of $7000 have been cleared into your account I will like you to have the boat ready for the test drive process and also you will make the remaining funds of $3000 payable to the transporters to cover for the inspection/test drive fees and all other expenses during inspection

I will be looking forward for proceedings to you and also get back to me with the full names, mailing address and phone number the check can be made payable to you

I will be looking forward to hear from you

Regards
Erik

Last edited by socalstone; 01-02-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He works for the Darr/Sunkin/Welsh/Cecil Group. Highly renown! LOL!
Old 01-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HIS transport guy he pays them not your problem , and you know that will be the end of it.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Comanche......Great avatar!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

I get emails like that everyday through Craigslist I only do transactions two ways : cash in person or money order mailed, when I have the money you take the product. If you don't like it go screw someone else over
Old 01-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't write off all over seas people.

I spend thousands, sometimes tens of thousands, every year on my cars and boats and I buy most of my goods from the USA and ship it all to Australia. Hate to see you miss out on those sales !

Due diligence is needed by all.

I could say the same in reverse to this post. I got scammed big time by an American. Fortunately he is doing time for it, but I still lost big money. We all must be wary - very wary.
I used to be a very trusting type of person. That has changed after being scammed twice now. Guess I'm a slow learner.

The lesson I learnt was to only deal with those you trust - ie those have a good name on OSO etc, & big business.
If a deal is too good to be true, it probably is - proceed with extreme caution.

Also remember there are as many scam sellers out there as there are scam buyers. Be careful, very careful.

Last edited by 40gt; 01-02-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by socalstone
Anyone with anything for sale in the classifieds beware .....................

Regards
Erik
Agree 110%

Last edited by 40gt; 01-02-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i deal with a lot of people overseas all the time you just have to be careful most of the time you can tell by the email if it is a legit deal but dont write off all overseas deals their money is just as good if not better than ours right now
Old 01-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

larger ticket items,wire transfer only,if they cant do that,they cant pay,dont trust cashiers check,tons of fake ones going around.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:49 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Do what I do...have a field day with this moron. He wants your name...give it to him...Alfred E. Newman. your address is the White House as well as the White House phone. Play him any way that you can and just have fun at his expense and string him along for as long as you can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.