Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
Stupid question about removing single engine 2 handle throttle??? >

Stupid question about removing single engine 2 handle throttle???

Notices

Stupid question about removing single engine 2 handle throttle???

Old 02-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid question about removing single engine 2 handle throttle???

I want to pull of and powder coat my throttle because it is looking a little tired. When I unscrewed it and started pulling it out I got a little scared because I was going to really have to pull the cables hard to get the throttle out of the hole. I was also a little unsure as to where I am supposed to unhook the cables?
Anyone have any advice? Is it ok to pull the thing all the way out with the cables attached? Sorry for the nube question, I just dont want to f*ck it up. Below is an old picture, but you can see what throttle I am talking about

Last edited by MCKILLOP; 02-03-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

the only thing you need to worrie about is the nutreal safety switch wires and what ever the rigger wire tied to the cables,best bet is to look in the gunnel and see if any wires are attached to the throttle and shift cable..the cables will unbolt,,take a pic of it first so you know how it goes back together..simple project..btw,powder coating is pretty thick,i would just soda blast what you see and use some ppg dp90 epoxy on the bare alunimum then spray what you see with single stage imron,will stay shiny as long as or better than powder coating..
Old 02-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
the only thing you need to worrie about is the nutreal safety switch wires and what ever the rigger wire tied to the cables,best bet is to look in the gunnel and see if any wires are attached to the throttle and shift cable..the cables will unbolt,,take a pic of it first so you know how it goes back together..simple project..btw,powder coating is pretty thick,i would just soda blast what you see and use some ppg dp90 epoxy on the bare alunimum then spray what you see with single stage imron,will stay shiny as long as or better than powder coating..
+1 on the paint, that is what I did.
Attached Thumbnails Stupid question about removing single engine 2 handle throttle???-img_1658.jpg   Stupid question about removing single engine 2 handle throttle???-dsc_8956.jpg