View Full Version : A "New" Miss Geico to debut in 2014

SHARKEY-IMAGES
03-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Yes, it is true.

MGR has been quietly working on a new boat for the 2014 season.

Sharkey-Images was authorized to do a photo shoot of the entire wooden plug being built at this time, but is limited to share a few of these images for the time being.

Additional images will be made available at a later date when authorized to do so...

Click here for the Video Clip of the new MGR plug. (http://www.sharkey-images.com/)

Best of luck to the Miss Geico Racing Team with this new venture.

louietherigger
03-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Yes, it is true.

MGR has been quietly working on a new boat for the 2014 season.

Sharkey-Images was authorized to do a photo shoot of the entire wooden plug being built at this time, but is limited to share a few of these images for the time being.

Additional images will be made available at a later date when authorized to do so...

Click here for the Video Clip of the new MGR plug. (http://www.sharkey-images.com/)

Best of luck to the Miss Geico Racing Team with this new venture.

That is Awesome!!

MrSneakAttack
03-03-2012, 06:04 PM
wasted 45 seconds

SHARKEY-IMAGES
03-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Never mind the 45 seconds, I am just grateful for the message they are sending... That they will still be around for the long term and have some great plans for the future.... :)

MrSneakAttack
03-03-2012, 06:46 PM
i hear ya sharkey...i totally understand....its winter and im bored lol but i do have the boat in the water and had a shakedown run today and it felt awesome :coolcowboy:

SHARKEY-IMAGES
03-03-2012, 07:04 PM
i hear ya sharkey...i totally understand....its winter and im bored lol but i do have the boat in the water and had a shakedown run today and it felt awesome :coolcowboy:

I am sure it did . :)

I was lucky enough to have some hired shoots in Florida over the last two weeks. Some including being out on a Statement and an Outerlimits and it sure felt good to be out on the water and out of NJ during the winter months .... ;)

MrSneakAttack
03-03-2012, 07:14 PM
wow that sounds nice :D

Wahoo ATV
03-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Why would they build thier own plug?

SHARKEY-IMAGES
03-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Why would they build thier own plug?

Because they can ..... :lolhit:

Wahoo ATV
03-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Because they can ..... :lolhit:

Anyone can, but can they do it better than Cosker, Peter, or Doug Wright? They have decades of experience building and designing the worlds fastest and safest boats and have invested more $$ in design R&D than Gieco has spent racing.

Not knocking them just wondering why waste the time and $ on it.

byrideroffshore
03-06-2012, 06:47 PM
With ya Dean, wooden plug? hmm thought it was all CNC stuf now.

Is this another TURBINE deal?

SHARKEY-IMAGES
03-06-2012, 06:59 PM

If I were to guess, it would not be limited to just Turbine Power.

Other than the Copeland Phenomenon Project, I don't know anyone that would go through this much effort for just one boat...

TeamSaris
03-06-2012, 10:12 PM
I hope it gets 525s

MIskier
03-06-2012, 10:22 PM

If the plan is to only do one or two boats then it does not make good fiscal sense to have a plug CNC'd.

Wahoo ATV
03-07-2012, 08:30 AM
Upon further review of Tim's pics, it looks like a black fiberglass bottom with foam and wood gunnels. Could this be the boat Haggin was looking to do endurance races with? "Project X" or something like that?

Fill us in guys.

MissGeicoRacing
03-07-2012, 08:46 AM
not wood, MDF. It is CNC'd and with the addition of Qatar and possibly Victory in the turbine class, as well as the conversations I have had with Mary Mac and Aquamania, this may be our way of keeping up with the Jones's since our baby, albeit still awesome, is a bit tired and overweight.

MissGeicoRacing
03-07-2012, 08:48 AM
orrrrrrr maybe its a piston boat:party-smiley-004:

MissGeicoRacing
03-07-2012, 08:51 AM
orrr :evilb:possibly commissioned by a customer

44MTI
03-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Or Maybe its a new boat coming to market that has been in the works for a couple yrs off and on.
With some overseas racing influence.:party-smiley-004:

MissGeicoRacing
03-07-2012, 09:47 AM
10 4 Big Daddy. Maybe your right:daz:

TeamSaris
03-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Scotty thats just mean :D

skaterdave
03-07-2012, 11:09 AM
hate to bother people with facts but it seems like a PR stunt.

there is only one builder that has the talent, skill and shop to do wood plugs of that size= SKATER.

looks like a old cat with a gieco cover, or maybe its the test dummy boat for capsule testing ?

MissGeicoRacing
03-07-2012, 11:12 AM
As usual Dave, your wrong. Sharkey saw the real deal

AugiePensa
03-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Here's a fact, Glad Gieco is still around and supporting us all. Best Wishes Guy's!

ItsPeanut
03-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Mary Mac, The sheik, aquamania, gieco. Good luck to all and I am looking forward to 2014. Hopefully in jacksonville first. Good luck guys

skaterdave
03-07-2012, 04:25 PM
As usual Dave, your wrong. Sharkey saw the real deal

well the proof should have been in the pictures, which didn't show anything. so why HIDE all the workmanship that it takes to do such a project? have you guys ever seen a wood plug for a boat??? maybe ask Pete at Skater to share some pictures. or it could be something like others have done which is take an old boat and slap some plywood on it and call it an their "original design".

here's a few pointers:

1. they're usually upside down to be able to correctly build the plug, take measurement and do all the blueprinting

2. they usually don't have a deck or canopy on them or what ever your hiding under the cover, since once your done building the plug its easier to make a mold rather than working upside down.

sorry for pointing out facts, just doesn't make sense from what PROFESSIONALs do, that perform this type of work. just saying that the sharkey pics dont make sense

SHARKEY-IMAGES
03-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Sharkey saw the real deal

Yes, and is why it was so important to get images of this tooling in the stage that it is in.

Quite honestly, for everything I had to do at that shop that day, I never really got a chance to take it all in.

Which is why now I just went back to have a look at the images. Yes it appears to have been CNC'd.

I have images showing what resembles the bit marks on the feature lines.

The black that you see as the bottom is not actually a hull. Picture it more like a piece of formica screwed to metal frame work behind it. Perhaps even a portion of the tooling already complete and now they are building from the chine on up.

Yes Dave, a hull tool would be built upside down.

What you see in the video is that they are working on the deck and sides. I don't know anyone that would do a plug for a deck upside down ???

skaterdave
03-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Yes Dave, a hull tool would be built upside down.

What you see in the video is that they are working on the deck and sides. I don't know anyone that would do a plug for a deck upside down ???

sharkey your lost buddy, you should have paid attention last time you where at Skater !!!

did you really say "formica and steel studs".

NO ONE would work on the hull sides as part of the deck. you make the hull including the "sides" and then the as a separate piece the deck plug.

and in the CNC milling process, you mill foam, then a putty mixture, then sand for days and days and days.

whats in that video looks nothing like either of the the 2 ways to make a plug. more like taking an old race boat and slapping some plywood on it and adding a bunch of cosmetic glasswork

plus the deck area is conveniently covered so you cant tell what kind of boat they started with.

agian ask Skater for some pictures of his work. i happen to see the 388 plug when they were making that. now there was some awesome workmanship. and NO formica or steel studs.

i could be wrong as scotty stated, but hea show some pics of the work.

SHARKEY-IMAGES
03-07-2012, 08:24 PM
sharkey your lost buddy, you should have paid attention last time you where at Skater !!!

did you really say "formica and steel studs".

NO ONE would work on the hull sides as part of the deck. you make the hull including the "sides" and then the as a separate piece the deck plug.

and in the CNC milling process, you mill foam, then a putty mixture, then sand for days and days and days.

whats in that video looks nothing like either of the the 2 ways to make a plug. more like taking an old race boat and slapping some plywood on it and adding a bunch of cosmetic glasswork

plus the deck area is conveniently covered so you cant tell what kind of boat they started with.

agian ask Skater for some pictures of his work. i happen to see the 388 plug when they were making that. now there was some awesome workmanship. and NO formica or steel studs.

i could be wrong as scotty stated, but hea show some pics of the work.

You are so wrong with your accusations.

It was simply a description without giving too much away. It could be fiberglass for all I know, but I am describiing what I see in the pics.
When authorized I will add more photos but not until then.

I walked all over this plug and no, there is not a someone else's boat under it. :rolleyes:

Have you ever seen a multi part mold ?

That's what this boat will need to build it as designed.

Did I ever see a wooden plug ? You are kidding right ?
I was the one applying all of the releasing agent on the 22 Bullet Boat wood/formica plug back in the 80's.

I guess you forgot I did a photo shoot at Skater and did a complete Factory Tour (http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/skaterfactorytour).

First and foremost on the larger Skaters Peter does not have Deck Molds. Just think of the size of the building he would need to have to house those let alone heat .

Peter specifically stated to me that it would be a total waste of space when he can do one-off decks on the boats as he is doing now. Unless that's changed since I was there last ? I doubt it though.

Deck being built on a Skater at Skater:

It has nothing to do with the MGR Project.

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/s10/v2/p608029995-4.jpg

SHARKEY-IMAGES
03-07-2012, 08:33 PM
And for the record, yes it was MDF Medium Density Fibreboard that I was looking at that made up the deck and hull sides.

MissGeicoRacing
03-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Dave
I would not expect you to understand what is going on with this project.It is a boat that has been designed not copied. I know this is hard for you to do, but think outside of the U.S.A. boat building techniques.
I suggest you stick to designing/building skiffs that performed so well.
Very Impressive!

skaterdave
03-08-2012, 07:00 PM
outside the US ? i don't understand that? tencara, nicolini and others use the same processes.

why would you build a plug "right side up" and with the deck on it ? its extremely difficult to blueprint the bottom.

sharkey your double talking here, first you didn't really even look at it, then you walked all over it. you stated it might be fiberglass or now its MDF ??? then it might have CNC milling done, maybe not?

the story just doesn't make sense, whether you told it here or overseas!!! you don't mill plywood or MDF plugs. sorry for pointing out the facts or accusations as you put it

SHARKEY-IMAGES
03-08-2012, 07:31 PM
outside the US ? i don't understand that? tencara, nicolini and others use the same processes.

why would you build a plug "right side up" and with the deck on it ? its extremely difficult to blueprint the bottom.

sharkey your double talking here, first you didn't really even look at it, then you walked all over it. you stated it might be fiberglass or now its MDF ??? then it might have CNC milling done, maybe not?

the story just doesn't make sense, whether you told it here or overseas!!! you don't mill plywood or MDF plugs. sorry for pointing out the facts or accusations as you put it

Yes, I walked all over it and no, I was too into photographing it to take the time to actually look at it.

Now depending on where you are looking on the plug , there is obviously different materials. Topside and sides appear to be MDF. the black area along the chine is something else (not a hull). Being as I do not know the exact answer to what that material is, I will stop trying to describe it to you or speculate on it.

I will not waste my time going back and forth with you on it. I tried my best to give you a description but that wasn't acceptable .

MGR has already told you it is MDF and it was CNC'd

I am not sure why you are making such a big deal about this. Did you ever think that perhaps they are finished with the bottom already ? Now they have the sides and the deck to work on.

From the way you are posting, you make it sound like you would build a deck plug upside down... ? Now that just doesn't make any sense .... !

I see you avoided my question.

Have you ever seen a multi part mold before ?

Did you notice Skater does not have any deck molds for the larger cats ? Should Peter have the hulls upside down while he builds the decks ??? :confused:

MGR,
Now I can't wait to be able to post the rest of the images.

It most likely will be the only way to convince SD that this is its own design....

CNC MDF : http://allrout.com/

MissGeicoRacing
03-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Have you ever seen a multi part mold before ? Is this what you don't understand?

Look, genius. Sharkey is double talking because you are not listening. He is also trying to give information without giving to much. If the bottom mold is finished, why would you lay on your back to sand the top plug. Why would you not make sure every seem and body line are perfect. This isn't some scabbed together splash of a boat that is already out there. And why would you cnc foam, cover it in bondo, and then sand it instead of using a hard surface to begin with. Bottom line is we know whats under the cover and so will everyone else real soon. Come on over and have a look yourself. I think you've been here before.