Hudson River Spring Fun Run May 12,2012 >

Hudson River Spring Fun Run May 12,2012

Notices

Hudson River Spring Fun Run May 12,2012

Old 04-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hudson River Spring Fun Run May 12,2012

So it looks like its time to hose off the winter dust and spring pollen and plan a little boating get together.

Its almost a tradition now that the second weekend in May a few of us get together at Cannonball Yacht Club(AKA Willow Cove Marina) and take a cruise down to the NYC Harbor. We circle around Manhattan by going up the East River, thru Hells Gate and into the Harlem River and back out into the Hudson River. The circle around Manhattan will depend on if there are any swim meets or kayaking events scheduled for this weekend in the East River. Now I couldnt find anything on the web but maybe you guys can search also. This is about a 70 mile round trip and is really cool if you havent done it yet.

As in past years I will reach out to Tim Sharkey of Sharkey Images and see if he would like to join us for the day.If he is available he will ride in one of our boats and shoot some great running shots of everyone heading down and back up the river. I will set up some key photo ops where I will have everyone circle the photo boat, like in front of Statue of Liberty, so Sharkey can get a great shot of you and your guests running directly in front of the statue. These make great picture to hang in your Man Cave or in the living room. If Sharkey can make it Im sure he will post on here all of the details for purchasing a photo package and any other details you may need about photos.

Remember this is just a get together and there is no cost other then,gas,launch fee,photos, and fuel. And its open to anyone who wants to come hang out. This is not a "RACE" but a cruise of about 50 mph and we stop at all the bridges to let slower boats catch up.Please remember that the harbor can get rough with commercial traffic for you smaller boats. If you want to run faster you sure are welcome to run as fast as you wish as long as your are "SAFE". So bring the wife, the kids and the camera and lets go...Pack a cooler with snacks and water because it turns out to be a long day,"NO ACHOHOL",we want a safe day on the water with family and friends. Save the drinking till after the run is over..

After the run we load the boats onto the trailers and head over to a local restaurant for food and drink. This is a great time to unwind and conversate with fellow boaters.Please just give me a head count if you want to join us for dinner so I can let the restaurant know.

So im asking everyone to be at the marina at 9 am so we can all be in the water and ready to leave the marina by 11 am sharp. We should be back to the marina by 3:30 or 4pm the latest barring any issues with break downs.

Here is the marina we are launching out of. Its the one surrounded by the sea wall and we use the launch ramp in the middle next to the blue motorized boat lift. Plenty of parking and room for everyone. The river is tidal so if you are running anything over 35' please check the charts and plan accordingly for launching and retrieving.

http://marinas.com/view/marina/203_C...Stony_Point_NY

Hope to see everyone there.
Nordic95

Last edited by nordic95; 04-07-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Count me in Anthony if my new ride gets finished. Should be close.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

yuup!!!
Rich
Old 04-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as I know I can make it,are we running Sat or sunday.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Registered

If we are running on Saturday I won't be able to make it. I have to work then a birthday party to go to that day. Wish I could since these runs are a blast.
Erik
Old 04-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hudson River Spring Fun Run May 12,2012-0408121534.jpg

This thread reminded me about a winter project I forgot we are all set now. Made this up today
Old 04-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Registered

Going to see about making this one with the 42'..............
Old 04-09-2012, 05:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Eric Sunday is Mothers Day
Rich
Old 04-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Registered

We will be there with 4 of us
Old 04-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Registered

don't think i can make saturday sunday looks good if you are going to do 2 days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.