Another boat sale scam!

Notices

Another boat sale scam!

Old 05-23-2012, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another boat sale scam!

Please don't be fooled by these scams!

Following is a Cincinnati Craig's List ad for a 25 foot Baja at a great price. For kicks, I played along with this scammer to see what his deal was. Below is a copy of his response of how he wants to conduct the sale of his boat. SERIOUSLY, don't fall for this crap...it's so easy to see through this.

" Please let me explain to you the process of this transaction and you can decide if you want to proceed or not.
As I told you in my first email, I recently lost my son. I also got a new job and moved to Omaha Nebraska in order to start over. I'm in Omaha Nebraska but my presence won't be necessary because I prearranged the deal with Amazon. The boat is in Omaha at the shipping company, ready to be delivered. The deal includes free delivery and it will arrive at your address in 3 days. You will have 5 days to test it and inspect the boat prior to making any purchase and if by any reason you find something you don't like about it you can send it back at my expense. If you want to make this deal I need the following details from you: full name and phone#.
Once I have your info I will forward them to Amazon to get things started. Amazon will contact you shortly after they have the details with all the information that you need to complete this
deal and you will also have proof that I am covered by them and a legitimate seller. Waiting for your email with the requested details.

Regards"

Old 05-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dime a dozen....
Old 05-31-2012, 02:26 PM
Registered

Sounds like a sweet deal. I am in Omaha, inform him that you do not need free shipping that you have a friend who would be more than happy to pick it up in person and that they will bring cash!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoshL
Sounds like a sweet deal. I am in Omaha, inform him that you do not need free shipping that you have a friend who would be more than happy to pick it up in person and that they will bring cash!!!
Won't need the cash because he has 5 days before "making any purchase" So plan it right, you can use it for a weekend and send it back on his dime!

On a cautionary note. Your're best served not responding or messing with these types of deals. There are entire office buildings in Asia with people working to try and steal your identiy, bank account number and so on. Even giving them your e-mail address is a bad idea.

Ignore the ads and delete any e-mails and move on.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
. There are entire office buildings in Asia with people working to try and steal your identiy, bank account number and so on. Even giving them your e-mail address is a bad idea.

And it looks like they are Squinting at the computer screen and working really hard but thats just the way it is over there
Old 05-31-2012, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What a croc of $hit...these a$$ holes must think all American's have $hit for brains.

Not long ago there was an ad running down here for a 32' Sea Ray Pachanga with twin 502 EFI's and fresh Bravo I's on a trailer for $10K. I called several times and finally got a call back from some scrotum in Libya that wanted me to meet his agent and set up an "appointment" to see the boat. The deal quickly deteriorated into me being asked to cash some checks from some boat dealer in Virginia and Baltimore!!

I made sure that this dick wadd knew that I was on to his scam and that I was calling the FBI...he hung up and the ad disappeared.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:03 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Bad Bird;3694381][B]Please don't be fooled by these scams!

The deal includes free delivery and it will arrive at your address in 3 days. You will have 5 days to test it and inspect the boat prior to making any purchase and if by any reason you find something you don't like about it you can send it back at my expense. Ask him if it comes full of gas
Old 06-01-2012, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo

On a cautionary note. Your're best served not responding or messing with these types of deals. There are entire office buildings in Asia with people working to try and steal your identiy, bank account number and so on. Even giving them your e-mail address is a bad idea.

YupYup. Just be glad that you are smart enough to spot a scam from a mile away!
Old 06-01-2012, 07:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

again with these douchebags??? WTF is this world coming to?
Old 06-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have blocked everyone from posting, if you would like to keep posting I need all of your names, credit card numbers with the expiration date and don't forget those little numbers on the back. I will buy you a new boat come next spring too.

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 06-01-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.