Notices

Sacandaga Lake - Fun Run

Old 06-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sacandaga Lake - Fun Run

Hey everyone. A few of us are trying to put together a Fun Run on June 30th since we cannot have an actual Poker Run due to insurance liability.

Thoughts right now are meeting at Lanzi's around 11am and trying to be on the water by Noon, or maybe we can meet up earlier.

Some initial thoughts but open to suggestions, maybe head up to the lake to the dam, tie up for a while, run down the lake and tie up in back of sand island and then up to the pub to end it. Sport Island usually has music on Saturday nights and with this being the weekend before 4th of July I'm sure they will. I'll talk to them this weekend more about it. maby we can try and get the upstairs like we did for past runs and have dinner, off the menu (to keep it simple).

Also, the 29th is their Breakfast Club, so this could be a very fun filled weekend!!

Chime in with suggestions and get the word out there so we can get a nice turnout.

Last edited by vettex1; 06-08-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love that lake. That weekend might be tough...I am a "maybe."
Old 06-12-2012, 06:55 AM
Registered

Confirmed that the Breakfast Club is on July 6th........NOT on the 29th.

Gladhe8er, hope you can make it out, should be a good time.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Want to come to that lake for a run....but thats a bad day for me unfortunatly!
Old 06-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Confirm the date and Im in with two boats and 8 people. Great lake and good people

Anthony
Old 06-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Registered

Confirm the date and I will have at least 10 boats . Sounds like a great time, was hoping someone was going to put something together..Would even help rounding up more boats if you want. Just PM me with more set in stone info. thanks... Blown525.........
Old 06-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll be there Brian! Assuming the weather holds out. Looking forward to streching my legs on that little pond BTW, you prob should let people know it is "Great Sacandaga Lake" not the little sacandaga lake

Last edited by 4bus; 06-12-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:26 AM
Registered

The date is confirmed for June 30th, on the Great Sacandaga Lake, not the little pond.

We would like everyone to meet at Lanzi’s on the Lake (1751 State Highway 30 | Mayfield, NY 12117) at 11am so we can be on the water by noon. You cannot launch a boat at Lanzi's.

I would suggest anyone that is trailering to launch at Miller’s Grandview Marina (342 Lakeside Dr, Mayfield, NY 12117). They have a good launch ramp and plenty of parking for trucks and trailers. They charge a small fee for launching but they have Gas right there for anyone who needs it. I believe they have 93-octane as well for the guys that need the good stuff. The owner will also be running with us (as far as I know), so it’s always nice to throw some support his way.

We are planning on leaving Lanzi’s at noon and running up to the Conklingville Dam, which is at the furthest end of the lake. We can raft up out there for a while and then head to Sport Island Pub, no time is set, it’s a fun run, we’re trying to keep it relaxing.

After Sport Island Pub we can run down to Sand Island and raft up again. At this point we can stay until everyone is ready for dinner. We’ll be eating at Lanzi’s (ordering off the menu), Sport Island has a large party of 100+ that evening and they will also be taking up most of the dock space.

At night if people stick around and want to head out to see a band we can call the Pub and see what the dock situation is like and head up.

It should be a good time. If anyone has any suggestions please post them, we’re certainly open to any and all. Please get the word out there to anyone you know that may be interested in joining us! Also, please post if your coming with a head count as well so we can give Lanzi’s a heads up.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by blown525
Confirm the date and I will have at least 10 boats . Sounds like a great time, was hoping someone was going to put something together..Would even help rounding up more boats if you want. Just PM me with more set in stone info. thanks... Blown525.........
blown, get the word out there and get everyone to come out and play.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:08 AM
Registered

I just posted a link on Boatfreaks, quite a few Sacandaga guys over there. Ive got about 4-5 guys that will definately be in.

Vettex1, who are you or what boat do you have? Im sure I know you but dont recognize your screen name? Thanks for putting this together, we talk about it every year but never do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.